What's better than a New Guitar Day?

Frontman

Tele-Holic
New Hawaiian beachfront condo day was nice. Beautiful views, perfect weather, meeting new neighbors.

But the moment was brief. We returned to Japan just as the pandemic broke out, and haven’t set foot in the condo for more than 2 years. A cleaning agency goes in once a month to dust, vacuum, and polish. This summer we’ll finally get a chance to enjoy a long stay.

marc2211

Tele-Afflicted
All my guitars are in their cases in my spare room - I haven't touched a guitar in about 6 weeks as I 'haven't the had time/haven't had the inclination/was played out/was disappointed in my playing' - Just now I *really* had an urge to play but can't as I'm working.

I know that when I get home, choose a guitar to play and strum those first chords, I'll feel like I'm 16 again! I nearly always take more joy in this than a NGD, which as I have documented here, I find pretty stressfull! (I still haven't completely set up my last NG I bought last October).

SlimGrady

Tele-Meister
I just did nearly the same thing to my esquire. I was not bonding with the thin neck the guitar had on it and the frets were worn out and developing some buzzes I just couldn't get out on my own.
I bought a Fender Nocaster 51 neck and sent it to my local guy to have the frets finished and polished as well as take the finish off the back. Plays better than the guitar ever has and now has a nice comfy baseball bat of a neck.