What's better than a New Guitar Day?

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
What's better than a New Guitar Day?

(not many things really but......)

Getting your unplayable Telecaster back into line?

I have this partscaster, with three great pickups and a comfy fat Allparts neck. The 'tall, narrow' frets were cutting my fingers to ribbons, where I'd worn the crowns down.....and the wiring was noisy enough, to get venue sound guys reaching for the filters, on their boards.
I always hated the tall-ness.....so I asked the local young luthier (the one that built a Les Paul, out of scrap mahogany, from my shed, when he was in high school) to take them down and re-crown 'em. Since he had it anyway, I asked him to re-do the wiring and make it silent. The guitar was a Brent Mason tribute- but of the various 'Mason' wiring suggestions- including mine- many don't allow the middle pickup to be used, on it's own.....and I like that sound: Jimmie Vaughan tone!
A week later and the guitar plays like it should. Not 'like it used to'.....because it never played this well, or without excessive hum.
It's great.

The moral? Sometimes the improvement you are looking for, is already here- for the price of a tune-up.

ChicknPickn

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
NAD!

2022-04-17 19_33_14-accordion at DuckDuckGo - Brave.png

cmm71

Tele-Meister
I know a guy that rides dirt bikes and he claims that new bike day is the best day ever. He rides KTMs so I can imagine he's entitled to feel that way...KTMs are not inexpensive.

Smokin OP

Tele-Afflicted
Getting your unplayable Telecaster back into line?
My feelings exactly. I get way more exited about taking one of my guitars, which I own because I love them, to my luthier buddy to have set-up or work done. Number one, he's a great guy to hand out with and number two is that whatever I take him plays great after he's done with it.

teletimetx

Doctor of Teleocity
Congrats on getting it done!

But since you asked what’s better?

Four ravishing 23-year-old women decide to ravage a 70-year-old schlub day.

Thief finds religion and returns your stolen guitar day.

Your childless Aunt that was always kind & gracious wins the lottery day.

Oh, something for everyone? A certain despot enters “the nearer presence” and all the tanks go back from whence they came day.

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
It is awesome to make something you already like even better. I recently got minor but troubling issue fixed on my pinstriped Big Tex Telecaster, and it made me extremely happy.

As for something that’s also great:
Staying upwind from the acrid smoke as you warm yourself by the fire of the corpses of your enemies

Wait, that’s for another website…this isn’t Vikings and Pirates dot net, is it?

Never mind…