What's a good outro?

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
@3:40... love the cyclic simplicity of this one....

Haven't heard that song in years, I really love it. The apartment complex I lived in when that came out had to listen to that record over and over and over. Actually everyone loved it though.

I just made a quick video how I play the outro, I don't know if it's right or not. It sounds a lot better on electric with a bunch of effects.

drewg

Tele-Holic
Haven't heard that song in years, I really love it. The apartment complex I lived in when that came out had to listen to that record over and over and over. Actually everyone loved it though.

I just made a quick video how I play the outro, I don't know if it's right or not. It sounds a lot better on electric with a bunch of effects.

Sounds nice on acoustic, when you play it!

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Sounds nice on acoustic, when you play it!

Thanks, I hadn't played that in years. Last night after I posted that I started playing the song again, and I remembered the bridge section I figured it out several years back. It's funny how some songs you just completely forget about, and then you have to relearn how to play them again.

Sconnie

Friend of Leo's
Springsteen's Thunder Road of course, don't care how much it gets played.

Honorable mention to Symptom of the Universe by Black Sabbath.

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I always thought this was a cool idea: Song With Orange ends with a fade, but it's not a "slowing pulling down the sliders" fade, it's the musicians slowly playing softer.

magicfingers99

Friend of Leo's
I've listened to this recently and it just caught my attention again where it's like the outro is the best part of the song.

What are some of your favorite outros?

And god I love Stuart Copeland picking it up at 2:48 and the toms at 2:52

my goto is "DUh DUHHHHHHHH", though if not pressed for time I will occasionally add "duh, duh,duh.duh,du-Dummmmmmm!" which works pretty much everytime.

Skyhook

Tele-Afflicted
This is one hell of a song about 100 different ways.
( did not know until recently that the song is about GD's Owsley, wow!)

" Just by chance you crossed the diamond with the pearl, you turned it on the world..." is one of the 'best lyrics ever!' IMO

I've been 'swimming' just in Bernard Purdy's ( Purdie?) drumming, which is all over The Royal Scam. What a heavy funk!

The whole album is a groove, and the guitars are great, especially Larry Carlton

Imma hafta Google some stuff now...

Skyhook

Tele-Afflicted
Gary Moore’s “Still Got the Blues”

Unpopular opinion here... this song is whiny, long winded and boring. Even worse; it is neither cathartic nor uplifting which blues tracks usually are. This song gives you the blues! His actual blues tracks usually rule though.

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Here's one I like... the last few minutes of "Time for a Change" after the vocals to the end...

the whole video with- stranger than fiction- is worth watching... I was listening to these guys early in the piece, it was fresh air after all the sabbath/zep/ acdc that was going on around that time...