"What Your Favorite Sad Dad Band Says About You"

ProfessorTele

TDPRI Member
Silver Supporter
Just glad Gen X is getting a little roast! It's always boomers, millennials, and Z that's gets the attention - positive or negative.

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted
See them now? I wouldn't like it. See the 1984 version now, yes.

This is fantastic music and they look cool like I would imagine I thought "not trying" cool was when I was younger but really just older "kids". Of course there was an interview with Stipe and Berry after or before the show where they were playing cool and aloof and it was sort of trying too hard.

They were always very standoff-ish with the media. Especially Stipe. I miss that era though. Loved everything they did, up to Green. Out of Time was a good record, as was Automatic. Can't deny that, but the earlier stuff hit me harder as a kid. Probably because it was still new and felt more raw.

omahaaudio

Friend of Leo's
I hate these immature, demeaning label based on ageist bigotry. Please give it a break , no body was talking about howlin' wolf or muddy waters in this disparaging manner
They were just refusing them service and stealing their songwriting royalties.

Blrfl

Tele-Afflicted
Once you get a pair of Dickies you'll never go back.

Couldn't agree more.

dickies.jpg

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
After looking up what SDBs are, I do have a favorite.
Death Cab For Cutie.
I saw em’ do an ACL show taping/recording, circa 2005.
Good songs, sad presentation.
Good enough for me.
Just kids, really.;)

2HBStrat

Friend of Leo's
I've only heard of like 4 of those bands. That hurt; I didn't realize how old I was.

On the other hand, when I go to a school function for my 2nd grader and see other parents who are gray or balding, I feel like I found my tribe. I always imagine that a good icebreaker would be "It's nice to meet you. How's your back?"
I've heard of all of them, heard most of them, and really like several of them. Funny link.