What year(s) did Fender release the limited edition Fender Player Telecaster in lake placid Blue ?

moonman2

Tele-Meister
Asking to settle a dispute.
Friend says his 2021 with “75th Anniversary” stamp (no limited edition sticker) is the lake placid blue limited edition version. But I suspect it’s Tidepool blue.

I can’t say either way tbh, because I’ve never physically seen the other in order to compare it.

Si G X

Friend of Leo's
Friend says his 2021 with “75th Anniversary” stamp (no limited edition sticker) is the lake placid blue limited edition version. But I suspect it’s Tidepool blue.

I can’t say either way tbh, because I’ve never physically seen the other in order to compare it.

I don't know but there's a couple on ebay..

This Fender Player Telecaster is a Limited Edition model, coming in a stunning Lake Placid Blue colour scheme, with Maple fretboard. With very few of these produced, this represents a rare opportunity to get all the benefits of the outstanding Player Telecaster, with a stunning look that very few others will have!
Now available from Merchant City Music, online and in our Glasgow store, we set every instrument up before it ships, ensuring you receive the best possible example. Pop into the shop and we'll be glad to talk you through the different Fender Player options available. Alternatively, buy online with confidence in our rigorous pre-shipment checks and setup. We ship fast to the UK, Europe and beyond.

Limited Edition Fender Player Telecaster in Lake Placid Blue with Maple Fretboard​

Bold, innovative and rugged, the Player Telecaster is pure Fender, through and through. The feel, the style and, most importantly, the sound - they’re all there, waiting for you to make them whisper or wail for your music. Versatile enough to handle almost anything you can create and durable enough to survive any gig, this workhorse is a trusty sidekick for your musical vision.
Respecting Fender's heritage while maintaining their innovative spirit, the pair of Player Series single-coil Telecaster pickups are crisp and articulate - it’s authentic Fender tone with a modern edge. The “Modern C”-shaped Maple neck’s comfortable contours and smooth finish are ideal for almost any playing style. By adding a 22nd medium jumbo fret to the contemporary 9.5”-radius fingerboard Fender have made it easier to express yourself musically.
To enhance the traditional twang and bite of a Telecaster, Fender added block-steel saddles to the string-through-body bridge for precise intonation and to help your sound cut through the mix, sustaining until the sun burns out. Other features include master volume and tone controls, a 3-way pickup switch with barrel tip, 3-ply pickguard, synthetic bone nut, dual-wing string tree, sealed tuning machines and four-bolt “F”-stamped neck plate that marks this instrument as the real deal - as Fender as it gets.
When you need a guitar that will take anything you can throw at it, stand up, dust itself off and ask for more, reach for the Player Telecaster.
  • Alder body with gloss finish
  • Two Player Series single-coil Telecaster pickups
  • ”Modern C”-shaped neck profile
  • 9.5"-radius fingerboard
  • String-through-body bridge with block-steel saddles

Si G X

Friend of Leo's

moonman2

Tele-Meister
a strat too

so they do exist.... ^^ that's a retailer I would trust to know what they are selling too.
Wouldn’t a limited edition models always have a “limited edition” sticker on though ?

Si G X

Friend of Leo's
Wouldn’t a limited edition models always have a “limited edition” sticker on though ?

I suspect it's more of a 'special run' colour, maybe even done for the UK only... they wouldn't have any kind of different stickers or decals. Just a limited amount done in a 'special' colour.

moonman2

Tele-Meister
There’s one on reverb too

Attachments

• 29DACCB6-4FB0-4B0C-857F-55FAF1B67A37.png
    29DACCB6-4FB0-4B0C-857F-55FAF1B67A37.png
    326.7 KB · Views: 13

moonman2

Tele-Meister
ah, ok.. so the one your mate has doesn't have the sticker?
No it doesn’t.
However to be fair; I’ve also seen a 2021 one listed on Reverb too. But that one DOES have the sticker on it in addition to the “75th anniversary” stamp.
(My friends 2021 one doesn’t have the sticker ... but that’s not to say it might have had one and it’s been removed by the previous owner. It was second hand when he bought it).

🤷🏻‍♂️

See if someone could answer exactly what years it was released, then that might help to clarify further.

Si G X

Friend of Leo's
No it doesn’t.
However to be fair; I’ve also seen a 2021 one listed on Reverb too. But that one DOES have the sticker on it in addition to the “75th anniversary” stamp.
(My friends 2021 one doesn’t have the sticker ... but that’s not to say it might have had one and it’s been removed by the previous owner. It was second hand when he bought it).

🤷🏻‍♂️

See if someone could answer exactly what years it was released, then that might help to clarify further.

2021 was Fender's 75th anniversary. .... but that doesn't nessesarily mean they didn't make LPB ones any other year.

jim232777

TDPRI Member
Adorama is selling LPB Player series with a "Limited Edition" tag at a discount (649.99 USD as of me writing this) over the standard Fender Player colors, and has been since at least last year, although I don't know if they're constantly in stock. I bought one, as did at least a couple others here at TDPRI. Mine has a MX21... serial number and has the "Fender 75" stamp on the back of the headstock, next to the SN. Great buy IMHO.

If I search my SN on the Fender site it gives it model # 0144571502 and description "LTD ED PLAYER TELE MN LPB". However, if I click on the model number, it says "Product 0144571502 details do not exist."

EsquireOK

Poster Extraordinaire

Look inside the various cavities on the guitar. There might be a sticker that has a bar code and other information, including the color name. Or, you can do a serial number inquiry with Fender. They'll tell you the color when they get back to you, along with plenty of other information.

LPB has been done many different ways over the years. Sometimes it is pretty light, and other times, it is almost a royal metallic blue. Fender's LPB tends to be darker than Tidepool these days, however.

moonman2

Tele-Meister
Actually, I recently got a chance to compare both side by side.
The (ltd edition) LPB is actually lighter than the Tidepool.
I personally preferred the tidepool, because the current (ltd edition) Player Series LPB colour is more turquoise than it is blue.

moonman2

Tele-Meister
I all honesty, the colour difference between the Fender Tidepool and the current LPB, isn’t that strong. But the “LPB” is definitely more turquoise than blue.

Here’s a photo of the “LPB” limited edition ....

Attachments

• 3542E615-7B08-4B8E-8CD1-3EE944ECEE83.jpeg
    3542E615-7B08-4B8E-8CD1-3EE944ECEE83.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 4