1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What would you do..?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Jeru, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Jeru

Jeru Tele-Holic

I did some work on a friend's bass, and he brought me his old bass amp, a
    Mark Bass 1x12" 300W combo. He said that he bought a newer amp because
    this one had been giving him trouble, and he made it clear that he didn't need
    to see it again if I could make use of it, fix it, whatever. Nice guy..:D
    Nice little amp. Loud, and also light (..!)

SO, the problem -- it'll work fine for an hour or so and then cut out. Pilot light still
    on but no sound. Could be some sort of protective circuit that shuts it down
    when it heats up..? Dunno.

Nearby MarkBass certified Tech has a $75 bench fee which is applied to repairs.

I'm mostly a guitar player, but have gigged out over the years as a (hack) bass player.
    Haven't had a bass amp for a while. It's mostly jams with friends these days, so the thought
    of having this little guy around on the cheap would be well worth the grief that Mrs. Jeru would
    give me for adopting another amplifier into our living space.. But at some point it gets to be
    too much to shell out for something that I didn't want and don't really need.

What would you do? Pay to fix it..?

2. homesick345

homesick345 Poster Extraordinaire

I would pay to fix it, IF I had a bass guitar

Would be worth it then (it's a good amp, with a warm sound: perfect for home or small gigs)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.