1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What would you do?

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Reeek, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Reeek

Reeek Tele-Holic

I'm looking for opinions on a simple but confounding choice I need to make.

I'm acquiring parts for a build that will start after a current build is finished.

The body is a new design by Renegade Guitarworks. It's sort of a T-Style/S-Style/J-Style shape and it's about 1" narrower than your typical T or S style guitar. It has an S-Style neck pocket and it's drilled for a 2 1/16" spaced, non-offset American Standard Hardtail bridge.

Here is a TDPRI thread I started that shows the body:

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/other-t-types-partscasters/541551-im-hopeless.html

I'm trying to decide between a 6 saddle bridge or a three saddle. I'd also appreciate any recommendations on the bridge mfg/model too if anyone has suggestions.

This guitar will not have a vintage flavor. I'll be going with either Fralin P-92's or a brighter humbucker and the headstock on the neck will be a Warmoth Warhead. So my conundrum is probably moot because the choice is simply about looks and tone difference if any, between 6 saddle and three saddle, given the same saddle material. I have samplings of these bridges on all my guitars but because they are different in specs and pickups, I can't really speak to the tonal advantage of one over another because I can't A/B. Frankly, I think all my guitars sound awesome in their own way :D

It must be the amps and the player ha!

I'm looking to balance the warm mahogany body against a brighter neck such as a roasted maple neck shaft or Wenge neck shaft and an ebony board and adding brighter pickups and brighter sounding metal stock on the hardware...

Right now I'm leaning toward the Callaham 6-saddle:

If I went three saddle I can choose between Glendale, Rutters or Callaham as well.

I've also considered Hipshot, Gotoh and Fender. Anything else out there that isn't a gimic?

Thanks for your opinions...

Attached Files:

2. Tinman46

Tinman46 Tele-Meister

I have a 3 saddle Rutters 1/2 bridge on one of my guitars and a 6 saddle Gotoh on another.
    They both work well but I do have a slight lean towards the Rutters.
    The Rutters...Palm muting is very comfortable. No sharp edges or corners. It's slotted on the back for a Bigsby. It intonates very well and stays where I set it. It is pricey but I'm happy with it.
    The Gotoh...Palm muting is very comfortable. No sharp edges or corners. It intonates well but I find I have to tweak it every now and then. It is less expensive and overall works well. It's just the occasional adjustment and I usually go over everything once in a while regardless.

3. viking

viking Friend of Leo's

being the practical type , I would chose the option that gives you the most options later

4. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

"What Would You Do?"

"What Would You Do?"

5. Reeek

Reeek Tele-Holic

Love the clip!

I ended up buying the narrow 2 1/16" spaced Callaham 6 saddle bridge... It's a Callaham and its fairly priced compared to other high end machine shop offerings.

It's in transit now - thanks!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.