1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What would you do if you woke up tomorrow with more money than you could spend in your lifetime?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by cometazzi, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I'd tear this dump down and build something impressive.

[​IMG]

superjam144, Fiesta Red and dented like this.
  2. Matthias

Matthias Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Give some away.

Then order a couple of guitars...

3. WalthamMoosical

WalthamMoosical Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

I would probably just end up joining, and spending time on, a bunch more online discussion groups.

4. PlainAllman

PlainAllman Tele-Afflicted

I’d buy every member a Custom Shop. :lol:

Jakedog and tery like this.
  5. Ricky D.

Ricky D. Doctor of Teleocity

I'd get a place on the Severn River near Chesapeake Bay and Annapolis. Walk out my front door and go sailing. Or fishing. Or just hang out on the porch and play my new (to me) Stromberg Master 400 or my DeAngelico New Yorker. Probably not before noon.

dougstrum and cravenmonket like this.
  6. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

Ah, 9AM already.. what's for breakfast today?....:lol:

[​IMG]

Jlwctn and dented like this.
  7. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity

....and a Barndominium next door for people who "Like" your posts to come and visit and be taste testers and music appreciators and build watchers and such. :)

Jlwctn and Fiesta Red like this.
  8. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity

Hit it from behind with a D9, I'd pay to watch.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  9. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Buy love, of course!

;);););)

10. jannodude

jannodude Tele-Afflicted

I would have a sanctuary for animals (no not Joe Exotic/Tiger King style).

Hire and compensate the proper staff to clean and ensure the animals are happy and healthy.

I would spend the rest of my life with non-profit organizations to provide simple needs like access to clean water, proper irrigation systems, schools so that less develop countries can live a better life.

That would bring in pure happiness to my life.

catdaddy, brookdalebill and Jakedog like this.
  11. Alex W

Alex W Friend of Leo's

If you're filthy rich then you have what it takes to be comfortable and safe as long as your society or civilization persists. But if your society or civilization collapses, your wealth goes too, so what I would do is focus my efforts on things I could do with my money to ensure that my society and civilization persist, such as:
    • clean water and overall healthy environment
    • education at all levels
    • promote health in various ways including buying land to make into public parks with exercise trails, soccer fields, skateboard parks, swimming pools, etc
    • buy land to keep wild and protect from urban development
    • support organizations whose missions fall in line with my values, such as those that buy up land to maintain habitats for wild animals

12. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

Pay off my mortgage, do a serious remodeling on the house, pay off my niece & nephews mortgages, trust funds for my great nieces & nephews, give the majority to projects/charities/causes for helping others. Retire and give my business to someone that can’t afford to buy it but would be a good fit. Lee, the recipient of the business, a good young man I’d love to be able set him up in business for his new wife.

Brett Valentine and Jakedog like this.
  13. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

immediately give 1/2 to Mrs 24 , to do with what ever she wished and if she decided to become a Mrs 12 and move on she would still have my love ( but she wont leave , we have too much fun together ) I would take my 1/2 of the pot and set it up with an accountant maybe 2 to keep the total sum whole , and set up anuities for each of my siblings ( in Canada you are only taxed on the interest accrued not the principal amount ) and all annuities, and cash gifts would be set up on the interest earned and the principal amount will stay whole.

my wife and I would set aside an amount for our Kid to live comfortably how ever and where ever she wished

I already own My own home, Have enough musical equipment to open a store ( true facts) there are only about 7-8 pieces of gear I would purchase to push my studio forward in the direction I want , and at my age I have about 30 years before I am incontinent and dont know who I am, so I will have a good time , and if I encounter static from my family I will leave the whole shebooby to a home for wayward canaries, or to scientific studies to cure butt pimples.

I dont know if any one has the scope to figure out how much money you really have....I use this formula
    say you have 25 Mill canuckian sheckles , American dollphites, tons of pounds, ( you get the picture)

divide said amount by 365 ( days in a year )

this will give you the amount you would have to spend every day to go through said amount

$25,000,000.00 (365)= $ 68,493.16

so almost $70,000.00 every day for a year

I have no need for travel I hate hotels , I dont drink , smoke, womanize, do recreational drugs, I design , build , repurpose useful things into things they were not intended for , and appreciate the genious of creative people who think out side the polytetrahedron , and origonal art.

I have seen the piranahs who hang on to the winners of the lotteries first hand , and I dont need that many new best friends ( it was really not a pretty sight)

14. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Go to work.

Proceed to buy every Chase Bliss Audio pedal, then buy Kurt’s guitar to play the pedals.

Start a wish list thread here, OSG, Squier, and Gretsch Talk for you guys to make a single gear request, along with a reason why. Then hire a wish fulfillment team to make it happen.

Other good deeds.

Disappear.

Brett Valentine likes this.
  15. sk25

sk25 Tele-Meister

First off: Pay off my debts. Pay off my girlfriend's debts. Pay off my family's debts. Get good security for family, girlfriend, and myself.

Second: Get a "base". I'd have a large home built to my specifications on a large plot of land out in the country where I could relax and enjoy the peace and quiet. Set up my various family members with dwelling types and locations of their choice, as well as funds to provide basic living expenses. If they want more than that, they can get jobs to add to their cash flow.

Third: Find the right people to help me in my future plans. Since I am so massively wealthy, I cannot be swayed by bribery or threats and have no interest in maintaining the status quo.

Fourth: Start putting that money to use. Do massive good in the world. It's more money than I could ever spend in my life, right? That means I can (strategically) throw trillions and more at all the world's problems and actually have a hope of fixing them. Education. Living Conditions. Food and water. Healthcare. The list goes on. Research and development on a massive scale to improve, well, everything. Also, begin developing workable terraforming and high speed space travel tech. It may be the sci fi fan in me talking, but space is the future.

Tenth: Develop the key to immortality; if I've got more money than I could ever spend in my life, I'm going to try and be alive as long as I possibly can to see it put to good use. And thus, our benevolent galactic overlord was born. (Sci fi fan, remember?)

Sixteenth: Climate controlled storage building capable of handling a guitar inventory of thousands, plus the techs to keep all those guitars in working order.

Twenty First: Books! Lots of books!

Forty Third: Guitar lessons for everyone who is interested.

Seventy Eighth: Build multiple hundred car garages and fill them with every car I like the look of, and hire mechanics and drivers and security to keep them safe and in good driving condition.

Three Hundred Forty Second: Videogame collection

Seven Thousand Six Hundred Twelfth: Hire enough psychologists to convince the ultimate purists on all these different guitar websites that yes, it IS okay for other people to have different tastes in musical gear than they do.

---

Hmm...that last one should probably be higher up on the list.

Brett Valentine likes this.
  16. geoff_in_nc

geoff_in_nc Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I'd take a sabbatical from work and travel to exotic locations for a few months. Then come back and build a really nice studio and outfit it with lots of equipment. I would go to part time at work... I like the people I work with and would like to stay in touch on a regular basis. I'd buy all my favorite cars: Datsun 510 and 240z, Triumph GT6+, Miata, Roadrunner, and I'd put a hot rotary engine in a bugeye sprite and go tearing around town. Maybe an AC Cobra and a Lotus 7 too. :lol:

17. d-rock

d-rock Tele-Meister

- Payoff my house
    - Buy my wife a new car
    - Buy the house I grew up in for a vacation home
    - Buy a White Falcon

18. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity

Set up any family members who have struggled. Make sure they own real estate lock stock and barrel.
    Set up a fund for future relatives to go to college.
    Fund various help for all kinds of people.

19. tubegeek

tubegeek Friend of Leo's

Form a PAC.

20. Andy B

Andy B Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Eat breakfast.

WalthamMoosical likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.