What would you buy for $3000?

T Prior

Poster Extraordinaire
Some sort of used TELE , a used Dr Z Maz 18, and a Wampler Paisley pedal ! I would spend the whole 3 grand. Around $1300 for the Tele, maybe $1400 for the amp and that leaves another $300 for the Pedal. There would be some wiggle room to get to $3 grand, plus or minus here and there.

Wrighty

Poster Extraordinaire
You have no gear at all, but have $3000 to spare. What would you buy? The guitar has to be a Telecaster. Please don't forget to mention what kind of Tele, and don't forget the amp, and pedals (if any) you would get.
Probably 1/2 a tank of petrol to go out and look for a Tele.

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
I’d buy a DR ToneMaster and an American Elite. I like the N4 pickups and could buy them used at a price that would let me get a Fender Mirror Image Delay as well.
I changed my mind. I’d go on vacation.

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
Are you gigging or bedroom playing?
I'm inna bedroom I don't ever go to clubs, If it's not on a DVD I don't go out.
Not that I don't like people , it's just that I hate how defensive I get when other are around.

AND PAUSE WHY GO TO THE TROUBLE OF CREATING A SPACE ....that is fully functional, ergonomically just right with variations of mood lighting , only to take it all apart pack it in a van, find parking set it all up again , tare it down pack it up and start all over again, having had to deal with the in-house sound engineer
000 kindness earth.jpg

Last edited:

heffus

Tele-Holic
I’d try to find a CAR AV64 telecaster and get a Princeton Reverb. If there was any money left I’d get some weed.

fishingrhod

TDPRI Member
cheapest Jedson tele i could find and an Ampeg V4 with a lovely Zilla cab. would also get one of my guitars set up so i can play in drop A# without having to use a stupid pedal.

KelvinS1965

Tele-Afflicted
A Squire Tele, and a Marshall 2525 mini head and 2x12 matching cab!

My partscaster avatar Esquire/Tele started off as a Squier Tele, so I guess I'm good to go on your call. :)

2525H and matching 1936 2x12 cab on the right:

Both Marshall Stacks.jpg

Partscaster ex Squier Tele, 2525H behind:
(Only the pickguard screws and strap buttons remain from the original guitar though :lol:)

Tele 9.jpg

Back to the OP, if I was starting from scratch with no gear, then buying new I guess I'd go something like an A060s Tele (not that there are any left now though) for around £1,500 and that would leave enough to buy the 2525H and 2x12 cab as they are cheaper over here.