Jhs3 Reverb
Boss DD8
Bosss CS3
Peterson pedal tuber
Self-made cables

Texicaster

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
I'd get an Allen Chihuahua ~$1400 new. I've seen these for under $1000 used but would like to support the owner/builder. IF a used one popped up in my locale well we'd have to see how altruistic I really am! :D

And hold out for a '52 AVRI/AO which I've seen as low as $1600 used..Not worried about Fender's corporate bottom line so used would be the goal.

budglo

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
The guitar and amp cost me less than 3k. 1900 for the new guitar (70th anny broadcaster ) a used 59 tweed Bassman ri and a few hundred for a few pedals.

Deathray

Friend of Leo's
American Original 70s Tele Custom
92F67D8F-68BC-4096-932A-F3455C3C0EE6.jpeg

and a 65 PRRI
C7DAA656-044A-474B-BCCB-A315DDCBA2D3.jpeg

all you need for any Telecaster tone you could want

Jimclarke100

Friend of Leo's
Gonna go with 瞿3K as UK

Vintera 60s Tele with Bigsby 瞿780
Tonemaster Deluxe 瞿850
Gordon Smith GS1.5 - Manchester made so 2nd hand about 瞿500
Faith Venus naked series acoustic 瞿480

That leaves me 瞿390 to cover leads and picks and some cheap pedals say a Fuzz (Big Muff nano) a distortion, OD and whatever else I can squeeze out.

Actually, I might swap the Tele for a Squier classic vibe Jazzmaster at 瞿360 and because I have to choose a Tele either a Squier 60s CV thinline at 瞿320 or maybe even an Affinity Tele at 瞿200. Id choose during the long, long visit to Andertons.

Telenator

Doctor of Teleocity
Vendor Member
For 3 large I would hope it would be better.
Ha! Mine was 4 large, and it is.

I handed it to an excellent player / vintage snob, friend of mine to play. He played for just a minute or two and then hung his head low. After several seconds went by I asked, are you alright? He slowly pickup his head and said, "This guitar flat out blows away every vintage Telecaster I have ever played." The n he hung his low again. LOL. He has a nice collection or vintage gear.

jamesepowell

Tele-Holic
Ha! Mine was 4 large, and it is.

I handed it to an excellent player / vintage snob, friend of mine to play. He played for just a minute or two and then hung his head low. After several seconds went by I asked, are you alright? He slowly pickup his head and said, "This guitar flat out blows away every vintage Telecaster I have ever played." The n he hung his low again. LOL. He has a nice collection or vintage gear.
Suhr -actually JS Technologies, Inc - is located in the town next to where I live. I really want to get a job there - I don't know, answering the phone, running errands, washing dishes, whatever - in the hopes of getting an employee's discount. Very pricey stuff.

The only thing I own from there is the Jack Rabbit tremolo pedal I picked up on reverb for a decent price. It is quite good.

Blues Twanger

Tele-Afflicted
Amp pedals is easy because I'd do similar to what I have now, an Iridium and a small board, that's about $1k with board and power supply.

Then I'd buy a used Am Special Tele and a used Am Special Strat. Patient shopping would result in prices under $1k each for those as well.

EsquireOK

Poster Extraordinaire
Chrissie Hynde Tele
Different pickguard (e.g. tort, 1-ply black, 1-ply white)
Deluxe Reverb Reissue, used
Slip cover for the amp
Egg crate for the amp
Electronic tuner
Three 10-foot cables

Last edited:

Telenator

Doctor of Teleocity
Vendor Member
Suhr -actually JS Technologies, Inc - is located in the town next to where I live. I really want to get a job there - I don't know, answering the phone, running errands, washing dishes, whatever - in the hopes of getting an employee's discount. Very pricey stuff.

The only thing I own from there is the Jack Rabbit tremolo pedal I picked up on reverb for a decent price. It is quite good.
It really isn't pricey.
The thing that is pricey, is when I used to keep buying cheap guitars and modifying them to make them better thinking that my Squier could be just as good as a "pricey" high quality guitar. Then I would sell the Squier at a loss and buy something a little better. Do that 10 times over a few years and you would not only have spent the money to own a Suhr, but you wouldn't have had to tolerate a lesser guitar during that time. Not to mention that, all the time spent doing mods could have been spent playing instead! It makes perfect economic sense to just buying a Suhr.
Same goes for amps. It was really tough 24 years ago for me to justify spending $1200 on a 40 watt x 12 combo amp. But I still own it today, and haven't bought another amp since. I saved a bundle!

oatsoda

Tele-Holic
Id start with a prescription pair of tortoise shell RayBan Clubmasters. Looking and feeling bitchen, Im off to the music store. Guitar first, a Paranormal Offset Telecaster in shell pink with a generic HSC. Joyo pedal tuner and a clone Tube Screamer, and an old stupidly high priced Electric Mistress pedal. Vibro Champ Reverb amp. Cables, a onespot, a cheap surge protecting power bar. Souldier guitar strap, Hendrix pink on black. May as well throw in a few packs of strings, some picks

Thats me I guess.

Vocalion

Tele-Meister
Thats probably in the ballpark of what I spent for my 50s Baja Tele, my Tonemaster Deluxe Reverb, and my board and pedals. Id gladly do all of that again.

Timbresmith1

Friend of Leo's
Well, first Im gonna need to buy my soul back. Thats gonna be about $50, I imagine (10x what I was paid). $9.50 for beer after all the haggling with the devil. Then a DiddleyBo offa the front porch rail