1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What would be your signature guitar?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Tdub, Sep 9, 2011.

1. qwerty95

qwerty95 Tele-Holic

Tele style
    Mahogany body
    Hard tail Strat bridge
    One piece maple neck, oil-finished
    Seymour Duncan JB, bridge position
    One volume, one tone
    Vintage tuners
    I'm working on getting that together, actually.

Oh, and the neck needs to be pretty chunky.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  2. twanker

twanker TDPRI Member

Nocaster with a bigsby

3. Telarkaster

Telarkaster Friend of Leo's

Black tele with white guard and maple fret board and TDPRI mod to the control knobs (flipped control plate so the volume knob is closer to the neck).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

This one.

[​IMG]

I own the prototype model of the Logan Custom "Logo" Thinline Tele. Bob Logan made this with my input. I encouraged him to approximate the cursive "L" of his name on the headstock as a cutout for his Thinlines, and my wife used her artistic skills and came up with this design for the cutout, and we sent it to him. Next thing we know, he's adopted it, and now refers to his Thinlines with this type of cutout as his "Logo" Thinlines. I was already thinking of ordering another Logan Custom when Bob completed his prototype, so after just a little deliberation I snatched it up. Here are some more pics.

While it was still in process...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The completed guitar. Specs are just what I wanted: Medium C neck, 9.5 radius, maple neck & board, blackguard, 3-way switching, vintage style 3 saddle, ashtray bridge. Honey blonde finish, nitrocellulose lacquer. Almost forgot, the body is 3/8" Alder veneers, top & back, on a pine core.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Twangasaurus

Twangasaurus Tele-Afflicted

Daphne blue Tasmanian blackwood Jazzmaster body with mint pickguard
    Quarter sawn "medium U" neck with rosewood fretboard 12'
    Mastery bridge and Easy Mute trem
    LSR roller nut and height staggered locking tuners (no string tree)
    Danelectro style splittable dual lipstick pickup in the bridge and a goldfoil in the neck
    1 Vol 1 Tone, cup jack at bottom or the guitar so the knobs can move down more and out of way for more comfortable palm muting position, "Rhythm" switching controls split the lipstick and use seperate roller tone/vol for that pickup.

6. looney77

looney77 Tele-Afflicted

I think it would be a powder blue or sunburst double bound tele. Duncan JB in the bridge, maybe even the JB jr. Standard Tele single coil in the neck. I know that's backward of what most folks want, but that's what I like. Maple neck, I like the 9.5" radius. Straplocks, very light relicing. Standard white pickguard. Grover tuners would be fine. Standard tele bridge and electronics. A 50's style pin up girl on the back.

7. boytcam

boytcam TDPRI Member

My taste changes constantly, but as of right now, this is what id pick

Rosewood fingerboard, amber gloss tint maple neck

Available in fiesta red, seafoam green, or vintage white

Ashtray bridge, brass saddles, string through body

60s style fender bridge pup

Vintage style alnico neck bucker, nickel cover

Black pickguard

5 way switch for coil splitting on neck pup

Now the best part....part of the squier cv line, to make it affordable for all 3 of my fans!

Vintage tuners

8. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Tele-Meister

Well it'd have to be an 8502 tele in left-handed, since they did'nt make them, it'd be sweet to have one.

9. John Backlund

John Backlund Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I love these kinds of threads....gives me an excuse to drag out this again...(Not me holding guitar in photo)...This guitar is fairly close to what I would want in a 'signature' JBD-200 model, but I would probably prefer the headstock face to color-match the main body color, in this case, the metallic blue rather than black. Engine-turned faceplate treatment. I also may go with a pair of chrome lipsticks for the neck and bridge PU's. Then I would have a 'John Backlund' J. Backlund JBD-200.

Then, the only thing left to do would be to learn to play the damn thing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Norton72

Norton72 Tele-Afflicted

One of those little red ones with the crank on the side that plays music like a jack-in-the-box... with cowboys on it.

11. cowboytwang

cowboytwang Poster Extraordinaire

I've done a couple of 'em, except one has a strat tremo bridge & covered in cow hide, and the other has individual saddles & covered in snake skin.

[​IMG]

12. Cameage

Cameage Tele-Holic

A so-dark-it's-nearly-black blue Les Paul "Standard" with a '50s neck, Gotoh 510 tuners, Gotoh hardtail Strat bridge (string-through), Schaller straplocks, no controls or switches whatsoever, and one P-90 at the bridge.

13. backalleyblues

backalleyblues Friend of Leo's

hmmmm...

Start with a tele deluxe (the current version, not the 70's version!), put a quilted maple top on there (keep the sunburst, of course!), swap the neck for a strat neck pup, add a strat middle pup, 5 way switch, standard tone knobs (we don't need no stinkin S-1 switching!!) with a pull-switch to activate the neck pup anytime, neck would be a rosewood cut to 60's spec with a flatter radius (~10") and medium jumbo frets, vintage style tuners but a modern bridge.

Actually, this nearly describes my foto-flame telly, except for the part about real quilted maple...:D

Franc Robert

14. SirJackdeFuzz

SirJackdeFuzz Friend of Leo's

They make it all ready - it is called the Gretsch Malcolm Young guitar !

15. Burnt Gerbil

Burnt Gerbil Tele-Meister

Please don't call the angry, pitchfork-wielding mob on me for picking a strat. That being said, I would want a faithful recreation of my 79 Antigua. Pics borrowed from an older post in 'Finely Finished':

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Faded, crackly finish that doesn't even look like like Antigua.
    • Pretty much as heavy as a Les Paul.
    • Tuning pegs that say "Made In W. Germany"
    • I don't even know what the Custom Shop pickups are inside of it; I bought it used. I'm going to figure it out next time I'm poking around inside it.
    • Big ol' fat headstock.

When I had it set up, the luthier said that it probably went quickly from a heated indoors to a really cold outside temperature, thus the immense cracking. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it.

Anyway, that's my baby that I would make a clone army of. Maybe no one would buy it, but I'd just keep them all and be totally cool with that.

16. metalicaster

metalicaster Tele-Afflicted

Ash natural finished body, maple/rosewood deep U CBS strat neck.
    Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound Tele bridge and Strat neck pickups each paired to a dummy to buck the hum

Ashtray style bridge with holes drilled for Jazzmaster bridge to sit on top and Bigsby B5.

Floyd rose locking nut and fine tuners on the Bigsby to eliminate tuning problems and give more dive-bombing range
    That's the plan for my current project.

17. 68thinline

68thinline Tele-Afflicted

A '68 thinline sunburst with maple neck. Gibson mini-humbucker in the neck position.

18. Warm Gums

Warm Gums Friend of Leo's

If I was in a position to have such influence I would do the following
    Something basic out of renewable pine w/one PU it would street for @$200 and a basic handwired class A amp would also be avalable (if you bought the two together you would get a discount & I'm throwing in a gig bag..) I would set up a small plant in a existing structure in a depressed area of the US & provide traning to make this stuff, there would resonable healthcare & other bennies.
    Any profit ( and there would be some...making this stuff is not rocket science) would be used to fund a music school with a open admissions policy.

19. Telefone

Telefone Tele-Holic

Well acoustics got me started and will probably finish with them when I only have the strength and coordination left to play some cowboy chords and strum. so I would say a D-45 Martin.

20. Deaf Eddie

Deaf Eddie Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Get yourself some decal paper, and they can ALL be your signature guitars!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.