What wine pairs best with Domino's Pizza?

WalthamMoosical

Tele-Afflicted
Ad Free Member
Choose one of the finest wines of Idaho.
wine2.jpg

39martind18

Friend of Leo's
Many, many years ago, my mother would make a gallon of Welch's frozen grape juice in a gallon glass milk jug, put a couple of yeast cakes in it, top the jug with a balloon, and put it on top of the fridge. As the grape juice fermented, the balloon would inflate. When the balloon deflated, the "balloon juice" wine was ready to be filtered and chilled, to be enjoyed with pizza like Domino's.

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Does no one want a *good* wine that actually goes well with pizza? The folks you might deride as wine snobs would be the first ones to tell you that wine and pizza are a natural combination.

The tannins and acid of a young red wine are smoothed out by a big, chewy bite of a sweet, oily, red sauce pizza. Wine and pizza work together and your mouth says, 'damn, that's good.' White wine works with a white sauce and red wine is a good counterpoint to a white sauce.

In Italy, where a pizza pie is art, wine and pizza together are celebrated at the table by la famiglia. Good wine works with Domino's, too.

El Marin

Friend of Leo's
For the worst pizza in the world I would drink water from the toilett... it pairs wonderful

Wasting any wine with a Domino's pizza should be a criminal offense punished with... more domino's pizzas till you destroy your intestine witch is easy

Poster Extraordinaire
1985 Cheval Blanc. If you're eating bad pizza, you might as well have good wine.

There's ~45 pizza places within 15 minutes of my house. All of them are mom and pops except for a Domino's and a Pizza Hut that's hanging on by a thread.