What was your second car?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Jupiter, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

1962 Buick Special in Willow Mist. I swear I'm gonna paint a guitar that color some day.

1962 Buick:
    [​IMG]

Willow Mist:
    [​IMG]

Got this one after I wrecked my first car. $325 in 1979. Had a broken motor mount that caused the oil filter to hit the frame when you stepped on the gas too hard. Went through water and oil as fast as gas. Cornered like a ski boat.

2. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

!976 Triumph TR7 Victory edition. Like this one, but in French Racing Blue.

[​IMG]

3. e-merlin

e-merlin Doctor of Teleocity

1973 Olds Cutlass with a Rocket 350! Another one my dad bought for cheap, I think $200, but we had to put a timing chain in. It was a great car. I loved it, right up to the day I put a hole in the oil pan on a rock as big as a hall closet! (Credit where credit is due, thanks, CW)

4. wunderaj

wunderaj Tele-Meister

seeing as how I love vintag ecars but could not afford one I bought this

Attached Files:

• hhr.jpg
      hhr.jpg
      File size:
      54.6 KB
      Views:
  5. MickM

MickM Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

No pics but mine was a '65 Ford Econoline Van. Put wood paneling on the walls and orange carpet, had to love the '70's.

It also had "air ride" floor mats. The mat would float about two inches off the floor at highway speeds due to the floor being rusted out! Nice in the summer but a ***** in the winter.

6. TucsonTele

TucsonTele Tele-Meister

Damn that is nice. Makes me want to find a drive-in movie theater.

My first was a 1974 LTD, and my second was a 1977 Rabbit.

7. Slow Reflexes

Slow Reflexes Poster Extraordinaire

This, minus the scoop and spoiler.

[​IMG]

8. KevinB

KevinB Doctor of Teleocity

Mine was a Mk II MG Midget in blue, just like this one...

[​IMG]

And today about 40 years later, tucked away in my garage I have this...

[​IMG]

9. Markdett

Markdett Tele-Meister

1974 Volkswagen Beetle, Alpine Blue, grey interior, with VW accessory ski rack on rear deck lid.
    I bought in San Antonio, and traded it in Colorado Springs for a 1975 BMW 2002.

10. cowboytwang

cowboytwang Poster Extraordinaire

After some old guy ran a stop sign and totaled my '71 Barracuda, I used part of the insurance money to buy a 1976 Dodge Dart Lite Spirit Of '76.

That was Chrysler's attempt at making an economy car in the mid-'70s. They made it under the Dodge Dart Lite name and the Plymouth Feather Duster. Had a slant-6 with the 4 speed Hurst shifter & overdrive. Aluminum heads, aluminum hood, aluminum door rails, and aluminum trunk frame. An advertised highway 36 MPG, and did get that at 55mph in overdrive.

This is the Dodge promo pic, mine had the Eagle & Flag on the hood and "Spirit of '76" on the quarter panels.

[​IMG]

11. bendecaster

bendecaster Friend of Leo's

68 Mustang Fastback. White with aqua interior 289ci-dead stock.

My first car was a 67 Mustang Coupe light blue with black interior 200ci six banger. I put chrome reverse wheels and baby moon hubcaps, but otherwise stock too.

12. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

1976 camaro bought in 1982 second owner

[​IMG]

13. rangercaster

rangercaster Poster Extraordinaire

only car i ever bought new ... 86 Nissan Sentra bare bones special !!! ... not a single option on mine ... although a radio, cig lighter and a day/night rear view mirror were options ... 5 speed stick and manual steering !!! [​IMG]

14. oldteleguy

oldteleguy Tele-Afflicted

1962 Ford 390 state police interceptor-third car:1968 Mustang GT Fastback British racing
    green-man,do I miss that car!!!

15. benderb9

benderb9 Tele-Holic

2nd car

Olive drab 1963 Rambler American with a FLAT HEAD 6 and 3 on-the-tree..yowsa! This was on the was on the way to my hs graduation...the doofus with the horn rims and longish hair is me circa 1970. Got the car from a fella that drove it as a supervisor for Bell Telephone for 150.00 he wasn't sure how many times the speedo turned over. Drove it around the perimeter of both Michigan peninsulas and it was usually loaded with various crazies, the dash was covered with American flag stickers and the headliner was splattered with some sort of paint I found that was luminous like watch hands/numbers. Had a lot of wild times in that car and never did anything to it but put in a clutch and change the oil occasionally. Had a great Lear Jet 8-track stereo I put into it LOL...woo-hoo

Attached Files:

16. jonal335

jonal335 Tele-Holic

My second car was a '62 Pontiac Parisienne (Canadian version of a Bonneville, I think). A truly great car, it would go all winter long on the Canadian Prairies with -40 degree weather, and tires frozen square every morning...

17. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Friend of Leo's

Just like KevinB, mine was also a 1964 MG Midget in blue.
    [​IMG]
    That photo isn't mine, but it looked exactly like that. Bolt-on sidescreens were a hoot, as was the ill-fitting top. I eventually just took the top off permanently and drove it that way, all year, all seasons. Once you got above 25 or so in the winter, the heater made an air-pocket bubble of bliss. Used to get a lot of funny looks driving down the highway in a snowstorm in Ohio, top down. :) Loved that car. Wish I could find another that wasn't ridiculous money.

18. xStonr

xStonr Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

1973 Cutlass Supreme

[​IMG]

By the time I got it, the top had dried up and started to peeled off. We painted it brown. It was a good car and fast too.

19. Nick JD

Nick JD Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I think I've told this story before - but what the hell, I'll tell it again as the opportunity has come up!

This was my second car. I was looking through the ownership papers (which in those days had the details of all the previous owners on them, and how many kms they'd done etc) and two owners before me was one Lucy Lawless, Auckland.

[​IMG]

Needless to say, the car was from that day on dubbed, The Warrior Princess.

I sold it to an Iraqi refugee for $400.

20. mnutz

mnutz Tele-Afflicted

^^^^Awesome!

My first car was a 1968 Mustang, 289 auto, red. My dad bought it for me, then I paid him back over the course of the next couple of years. I put on slotted aluminum wheels, wider tires, dual exhaust, and new suspension. Sold it 2 years later to by the next one.

My second car was a 1966 Mustang. It had a new chromed out 302 and new trans, but the body was rough. My dad and I restored it completely from the ground up. Painted it candy apple red, red pony interior. It was an incredibley beautiful car.

2 years later, coming home from a party, drinking and driving. I hit a parked car that thankfully had no one in it. Totalled both cars and broke my back. Tough lesson to learn. I am thankful no one else was hurt and that I learned this lesson early in life.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.