1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What was your first guitar, and do you still have it?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Richie Cunningham, Jul 18, 2020.

Do you still have your first guitar?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

I had a no-name violin-shaped bass that I smashed for fun. Looking back, especially with the old Japanese guitars popularity, I wish I hadn't. Probably could have got a few bux for it....

KW1977 likes this.
  2. KW1977

KW1977 Tele-Meister

I doubt I woulda sold mine due to both it’s condition & sentimentality but,...it would just be so cool to still have around. Tacky as it sounds I’d hang it on my wall.

richey88 likes this.
  3. kohoutec

kohoutec Tele-Meister

It was a black Les Paul copy. Either by Satellite or Columbus I think. Despite probably being MIJ it was a pile of crap from what I remember of it. The frets ended at undetermined distances from the edge of the board, were sharp, and very unlevel.

Knowing what I do now, with a bit of work it would probably be respectable enough, but for a 14 year old kid in the 80s it was just a bit crap. Still played the hell out of it though... And I can't actually remember what happened to it!

4. teleplayr

teleplayr Tele-Afflicted

A Japanese single pick-up guitar that would have been better used as a cheese slicer!

If I still owned it I would have to destroy it so that no one would have to torture their fingers.

5. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Afflicted

Back in 1982, a Les Paul copy with a bolt-on (!) neck by a japanese company called Kasuga. The neck was actually okay, so I changed the horrible tuners for some good Schaller ones. But it still was a plywood piece of (insert explicit wording here). I still have it, as nobody would have bought it secondhand anyway....
    It wasn't like today, where you get surprisingly good stuff for budget money. But hey, I got started!
    09042012167.jpg

Zepfan likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.