What type of music do people want in 2022, but they don't know it yet?

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I want the return of Crayon Pop! Okay, I get obsessed with K-Pop, nothing wrong with that, uh, is there? (My wife just rolls her eyes..) Anyhowdy, I'm on a Crayon Pop binge.

This was their first viral hit. Filmed for $347 with an outdoor shoot at an abandoned amusement park. You can see them pushing the carousel to get it turning.

The usual formula for a K-Pop girl group is tall and sexy. Crayon Pop was short and quirky. Stay for the synthesizer break at 2:32!

Finally, this was their big budget video. The record company went into debt ... to create jockstrap-wearing evil minions?!

Thanks for watching.

EDIT: I just googled the translation for the last song, FM, and I'm loving it!

Moon Prism Power
Earth, fire, wind, all gather
Make sodium yellow. Make lithium red
I’ll color you with a pretty color
I’m your spirulina
I’ll stop the epinephrine
I will change you for sure

I’m your acai berry
I’ll block the acetylcholine
I’m special and I’ll change you

Last edited:

yegbert

Poster Extraordinaire
Thanks for all the great replies.

I think that the most popular music of the future will be that which employs elderly Telecaster soloists, especially the ones on this forum such as myself.

The music industry will place a premium on TDPRI members, and the hippest bands will be the ones that employ them; the oldest and baldest players will be the most valuable and highly pursued. Music reviewers and music websites will rank new bands on how many TDPRI members are in each group.

TDPRI members will rapidly infiltrate popular culture, appearing more and more on TV, possibly engaging in high-profile affairs with pop music divas. Younger players will shave their heads and wear old-age makeup to try to become more appealing...
Our first hit will be TDPRI John‘s single “Stay off my lawn”.

radiocaster

Poster Extraordinaire
61rabd.jpg

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Kind of a bummer, my local alt rock station went corporate.
Added wider coverage, a comedy talk show duo in the morning, sports chat, now says alt rock and Metallica, and added bits of classic rock plus some weird emo country.

Hell I almost don't care what kids listen to as long as it's not emo country drivel babble, play some new damn s#!t wouldja please?

JIMMY JAZZMAN

Tele-Holic
Depending on the crowd, but with most wedding receptions, when we play "' The Locomotion"
everyone (even the kiddies) get up and dance. It's Pied Piper, I tell you.