What type of music do people want in 2022, but they don't know it yet?

Quexoz

Tele-Meister
Probably a new instrument, like some sort of high tech "mood box" where you just lay your finger in a little notch and it "reads your mood" and auto-generates some rappy, synth style techno crap for you. Everyone will be posting their "mood songs" on youtube and the next Justin Boober of mood music will be born. FFS, I wish I was joking.

Wait...hmmm...*goes to file a patent*

Last edited:

rand z

Friend of Leo's
Something with some substance.

That means aiming towards an wider audience (that has some musical history) instead of JUST kid's.

Nothing wrong with kids; but too much of music (especially country music), is aimed at a very young audience.

There is a much wider audience out there to target, as well.

imo.

Red Ryder

Tele-Afflicted
W
Something with some substance.

That means aiming towards an wider audience (that has some musical history) instead of JUST kid's.

Nothing wrong with kids; but too much of music (especially country music), is aimed at a very young audience.

There is a much wider audience out there to target, as well.

imo.
Who told you that there was nothing wrong with kids?

Nogoodnamesleft

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Probably a new instrument, like some sort of high tech "mood box" where you just lay your finger in a little notch and it "reads your mood" and auto-generates some rappy, synth style techno crap for you. Everyone will be posting their "mood songs" on youtube and the next Justin Boober of mood music will be born. FFS, I wish I was joking.

Wait...hmmm...*goes to file a patent
This pink oyster mushroom has some serious chops.

Last edited:

Dynaman

TDPRI Member
People have been stressed for the last 2 years so they will want comfort music, which is usually themusic they listeded to when they were 14-18. They will go out to venues in big numbers when they feel safe in the venues. In Australia where I am this may still be some months away.

JIMMY JAZZMAN

Tele-Holic
50's and 60's music, with an organ and sax, think about it. Pre-Beatles R/R never finished their "shtick",
all due to the British Invasion. Pick it back up say 63,64 and pretend there was no British Invasion.
Dion would be king, ha, ha...or even the Dixie Cups, "Rockin Robin" would be No.1, and people would have to
learn how to dance....Sorry I got carried away. ha, ha...Please forgive me, I'm old.

loopfinding

Friend of Leo's
i'm surprised dembow hasn't been copped for a proper US top 40 hit yet. it's all over latin and dance charts everywhere and there's been some collaborations with US artists. this dude is the 164th listened to artist on spotify. reggaeton is basically for old people now.

Chuckster

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
There's a lot of underground buzz going on right now about a possible Catherine Wheel reunion. Maybe Rob needs a break from Singer Vehicle Design.

I'm all-in... I'd pay any amount to hear those swirling flangers live again.

Thoughtfree

Tele-Holic
Thanks for all the great replies.

I think that the most popular music of the future will be that which employs elderly Telecaster soloists, especially the ones on this forum such as myself.

The music industry will place a premium on TDPRI members, and the hippest bands will be the ones that employ them; the oldest and baldest players will be the most valuable and highly pursued. Music reviewers and music websites will rank new bands on how many TDPRI members are in each group.

TDPRI members will rapidly infiltrate popular culture, appearing more and more on TV, possibly engaging in high-profile affairs with pop music divas. Younger players will shave their heads and wear old-age makeup to try to become more appealing...

oldunc

Friend of Leo's
My music, of course. (haha)

People have heard the EDM, the rappers, the dancing, costumed divas of all types, the bro-country, the K-pop, etc., etc. Nothing new there.

There must be a new style, a new sound that people will recognize, hear, and want. What is it? What will it be?
Personally, I just want good music, the less fads the better. I would like Imelda May to make up for her disastrous last album, but she's usually several years in between, you can only write so fast.