What type of diet (not a weight loss thread) do you adhere to?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by DrPepper, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Torren61

Torren61 Tele-Afflicted

See Food

KelvinS1965 likes this.
  2. TeleFunk Man

TeleFunk Man Tele-Afflicted

Healthy fats, low carb meals. Grass feed meats, whole foods.

2 Headed Goat and telemnemonics like this.
  3. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

I was a strict vegetarian for about 15 years during my competition days, but now I would say mostly low processed foods and wild animal proteins. Very low to no sugar over the last 5 years, no added salt too, but I still have a desire for and treat myself to complex carbs like bagels and sourdough bread. Cutting out the sugar reduced my weight by 25 pounds, so I am back to my ultramarathon/triathlon weight and really liking how I feel ... considering the age factor.:rolleyes:

telemnemonics likes this.
  4. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Tele-Holic

Varied and not to excess seems to work for me.

I have lost weight this year, but just eating less of what I was eating, perhaps with more fruit and vegetables which helps me feel full.

In recent years I've tried things like Sushi, Lebanese, Thai, Indian and Chinese food that 20 years ago I would have turned my nose up at. Sometimes I don't like something, but at least I try it first before deciding 'it must taste horrible' based on some pre-conception I had. Sometimes eat vegan/vegetarian food because we've been introduced to it by friends/family and buy it because we like it, but I'm not a vegan/vegetarian myself.

Also I realised a few years ago how lucky we are where we live due to the wide variation of good food we can get at local restaurants and various shops. We've gone on holiday and found we had much less choice and sometimes not very good quality either.

I'm definitely not one to go on holiday and look for the 'English' food places and actively avoid those places and try to eat something more local.

Sometimes I try things that I didn't use to like as I know my taste has changed over the years: Tomatoes is this year's thing (I always used to pull them out of salads/sandwiches); I had a 'home made' Bruschetta on holiday this year and really liked it, so started trying tomatoes again and found I like them. Still can't drink tea though even if my life depended on it...:eek::D

5. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

DrPepper and beagle like this.
  6. jackinjax

jackinjax Friend of Leo's

Cookies, and, uh.....other stuff, when it's available.

Probably easier to list what I won't eat.

7. Matthias

Matthias Tele-Afflicted

Meat usually no more than once a day. Lots of Skyr yogurt (technically a cheese!) as a source of protein in the mornings, and as little refined sugar and bread as possible. Unfortunately I can't drink beer like I used to, so I keep that to a minimum.

Seems to suit me. A no-added-sugar diet really helps you keep energy up throughout the day. Eating healthy most of the time means I don't need to worry too much about being unhealthy at weekends!

8. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

Breakfast: dry white toast

Lunch: four fried chickens and a Coke.

Dinner: alcohol and cigarettes

dkmw, philpm, Piggy Stu and 2 others like this.
  9. Euphonica

Euphonica Tele-Meister

Plant-based.

DrPepper likes this.
  10. raysachs

raysachs Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

My weight and BMI were getting outside of the good zone - not real bad, but heading in the wrong direction. Since starting Keto, they're both coming down. I'm not checking them often - I find that counterproductive. But I know I've lost 10-15 pounds in a couple months (probably more water than not, but feels good regardless) and my pants are DEFINITELY getting harder to keep up...

-Ray

DrPepper likes this.
  11. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Tele-Holic

Plant based, time restricted.

DrPepper likes this.
  12. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Bone based and low to no flour

Gonna have some cob corn , leftover dry AF white meat chicken and donut peaches for dinner.

Dinner after the nightly miles - never before.

13. old wrench

old wrench Tele-Holic

I've always been one of those horrible people who ate whatever they wanted when they wanted without putting on any weight.
    When I was younger, I ate prodigious amounts of food, but I needed that much to maintain and keep going.

My old friend and working partner used to tell me "It takes a lot of oats to keep a good horse running".

As we've aged, our diet has gradually become much more healthy than it was in the old days.

We don't eat nearly as much red meat as we used to, although I still love a good steak or a good cheeseburger :).

"Fast food" is a rarity for us these days. I know it's a convenient option for many people, and some of it sure does tastes good ;).

We are lucky to have access to fresh vegetables and fruit pretty much year round, but still try to get most of our stuff from local farms.

I got pretty sick about 15 years ago, and it's been kind of a struggle since then to keep enough weight on to keep my ass from blowing away, but I'm still anchored down for the time being ;).

So, there are really two sides to the diet and weight thing - for some people it's too much, for others it's not enough; but I always try to be grateful for whatever I've got :).

Best Regards,
    Geo.

DrPepper and Piggy Stu like this.
  14. trapdoor2

trapdoor2 Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

I try to keep it below 2,000 cal per day. I will not start losing weight until I'm down around 1,000 cal per day (and exercising regularly). I'm omnivorous, just as happy to eat veggies as meat. I try to keep the carb count low...but I'm a breadaholic.

I tend to like just about any style of food. I don't like Korean or Thai. The only Indian food I've ever eaten was in Scotland (and it was good).

15. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

I'm diabetic and I've been working pretty hard lately at eating more what a diabetic person should eat and less what a diabetic person shouldn't eat. I figure nothing tastes as good as being blind would suck.
    Two things that have helped massively with that is one of my fave local-ish pizza places closing their doors (the old sicilian guy had been running it since 1978 finally decided to call it a day), and I've discovered these
    [​IMG]

16. mabley123

mabley123 Friend of Leo's

Havent had any type of soda/pop since 1978.

No artificial colors, flavors, additives, white flour, sugar products. Try and get 30-40 grams of fiber a day. 3/4-1 gram protein for every lb/bodyweight. Mush of it from dried beans. Pinto, Great Northerns ect. Ezekiel Bread, Quinoa/Lots of it.
    1oz water for every 1lb/body weight. More if I run longer than 1 hour.

Salmon, Cod, shrimp, Salad, Olive Oil, Nuts, Blueberries, skinless chicken
    Run 30 miles a week, and lift weights 4 days a week.

Im 61. Underwater weighing says 8% bodyfat. 5'5" 148lbs.

DrPepper likes this.
  17. bigbandtele

bigbandtele Tele-Holic

Low carb, high healthy fats, verging on carnivore.

See pics at left for the before and after.

DrPepper likes this.
  18. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Mostly fresh and veggie. Probably a little higher in the carbs then I should. I do eat chicken and seafood. I like Indian and Mexican food. Thai when I go out. I get a weekly share from a local farm that I pick up at the farmer's market that forces me to eat some stuff I normally wouldn't.

19. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Friend of Leo's

I've been trying the drinking man's diet but dammit it has not been working.

DrPepper and telemnemonics like this.
  20. ClashCityTele

ClashCityTele Tele-Holic

Coffee, chocolate, coffee, biscuits, coffee, cheese, coffee, beer & eh coffee.

2 Headed Goat likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.