what to do with my now-empty Bandmaster combo cabinet?

architele

Tele-Meister
So I had a cabinet built to accommodate the chassis from my 1968 Bandmaster head with 2 10" speakers. I used that until I bought a SF vibrolux which made it redundant. So I have now re-installed the BM chassis back into it's head cabinet, so that my in-the-car-trunk backup for live gigs.

I am not sure what to do with the now-empty combo cabinet. Its been on my Reverb page (https://reverb.com/item/52023867-fe...by-john-hinsdale-the-cab-guy-2012-black-tolex) for a while with some interest but no bites, as it would only appeal to someone with a SF bandmaster who would want to do what I did..

Any ideas for another bandmaster-sized chassis that would fit in there or some other creative use other than end table?

Attachments

• IMG_04.jpg
    IMG_04.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2182.JPG
    IMG_2182.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 12

Milspec

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I actually looked at your listing a week ago when I was thinking about buying a wired chassis I found online, but the deal fell through when the guy assumed the '74 chassis minus the OT was still worth $800. Had he been reasonable, I might have been knocking on your door.

It is a very specific need you are filling so it will take time. The Showman chassis should be the same one so that opens the potential a little bit. Basically, you are kind of stuck waiting for that rare bird to come along that wants to do the same thing as you had planned.

Personally, I would have gone with a single 15 inch for the combo, but 10's will appeal to people as well.

I think you just wait.....use it as an extension cab in the meantime or even build a dummy plate for the opening and sell it off as a cab loaded with a couple speakers.

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
From my notes... all of this needs verification.

22 1/4" chassis width:
Bandmaster, 1964-1967, BF
Showman, 1964-1967, BF
Showman, 1968-Early 1969, SF "Black Line" faceplate
Showman blonde circuits ??????
Brown Pro
Brown Super
Brown Vibroverb
Brown Vibrosonic
Blonde Band-Master
Brown Bandmaster 3x10
Brown Concert
Pro Sonic, 2 x 10
Blonde Tremolux? Check this.

Erik Thomas

Tele-Meister
Mike, I am still interested in this. You messaged me the dimensions on Reverb a few weeks ago. I've just been spending money in other areas lately. That cab would work great for my 65 Bandmaster and 2 Eminence Alnico 1028Ps which I have. Let me work though my thoughts on this and get back to you sometime this week.