1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What to do when you can't try before you buy?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Cloodie, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Tim S

Tim S Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

I’m so happy for you! (At least you don’t have to wait until x-mas or New Years) ;)

Cloodie likes this.
  2. Cloodie

Cloodie Tele-Meister

Other than some flat pack furniture I haven't built anything since my school days :D. An amp would be beyond my capabilities but I imagine there's nothing more satisfying than building your own amp or making a guitar. I love reading threads where folk are building their own gear and I take my hat off to them.

3. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

I think you’re going to love it. I was in the same situation with no local dealers stocking them. I was all set to buy one myself but ultimately decided to go with it’s little brother, the Tone King Gremlin. The Gremlin is fantastic. I have been more than pleased. It’s all I play through now. I am certain I would have loved the Falcon Grande as much or more.
    You’re going to love the built in attenuator.

Cloodie likes this.
  4. teleplayr

teleplayr Tele-Afflicted

If I can't try it in person, I won't buy it.

5. Cloodie

Cloodie Tele-Meister

I was originally going for the Gremlin but when I tend to take time to investigate a product and then I see there's another one with more options/ capabilities I can't help but shift my gaze there. It's a character flaw :D
    The attenuator was a huge selling point for me and without that I wouldn't have gone for a tube amp. Up till now I haven't spent more than £200 on an amp so this is quite the upgrade and I'm pretty sure I'll never be buying anything else.

6. FortyEight

FortyEight Tele-Meister

Yeah, this is me. I don't like buying musical stuff I can't try first. I guess if it was cheaper and just a whim I might but if I was going for big budget dream scenario type stuff I'd be puckering if I couldn't try it first.... I'm not sure I could do that. I'm too tight with what little money I got. LOL. Now if I had a bunch of money to burn, than the risk is much less of a big deal.

7. tdarian

tdarian TDPRI Member

Don’t expect what you don’t first inspect

8. JWH7

JWH7 Tele-Meister

The tone King 20 watt 1x12 tube amp looks pretty cool man. and it has a unique 3 different voicings. I'm sure that Tone King will be a great amp and you can make it better if you need to. Swapping out the pre amp V1 position Tube can customize the tone more to your liking is the one thing you can do with tube amps. Last tube amp i got sounded good middle of the road. It came wit JJ electric preamp tubes. Swapped them with the TUNG-Sol's and i had high gain clear tone. You can make your new tone King amp the tone king amp if needed.

Cloodie likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.