1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What tele is this?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Personal Gsus, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Sparky2

Sparky2 Friend of Leo's

Exactly.

:)

2. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

Friend of mine put a Bullet decal on his CS Strat. Just wanted a quick sale. Took him six weeks to sell it for £110. So many suspicious people out there thought it was too good to be true.......................alright, made that up but how is it people give a round of applause and ‘well done, what a great find’ when someone uses their knowledge to pick up a guitar at a silly low price because the seller knows nothing, but then berates someone who mis sold a guitar to someone who didn’t have the savvy to do some investigative work before parting with their cash. I’m not in any way condoning sharp practice here, but there’s an element of buyer be fair as well as buyer beware.

scotartt likes this.
  3. Personal Gsus

Personal Gsus TDPRI Member

I agree with everything you said. But when you inform a seller that he is misrepresenting what he has, and provide evidence, yet he ignores you, then he is either being willfully ignorant or deliberately deceptive.

I'm not getting any further involved here, but I think there's a good argument to be made for the ethical merit in warning other, less savvy buyers that they could be taken advantage of(?)

howardlo likes this.
  4. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

Yep, agree. If someone is selling ‘in ignorance’ and they are an honest person, pointing the issues out to them them should make them do the right thing. I have to admit though that, if I were offered a CS Strat which was clearly legit and being sold for £50 out of ignorance, I’m not sure what I’d do.....................areal moral dilemma that one.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.