What sort of daneclectro pedals would you recommand ?

Jeru

Tele-Holic
Respectfully, I don’t think everything’s in the title. Usually when people want to buy things, they start with a particular need that they’re trying to fill. More specific to guitar players and pedals — usually when somebody is looking to buy a pedal it’s because there is a sound that they want that they don’t (yet) feel they have.

Here, there’s clearly something else going on. You are starting with a brand and going from there. Why? I don’t know. Maybe you don’t know — but I’m betting that you do. Maybe you like the way they look. Maybe someone you know can hook you up with some Dan-o pedals and you’re wondering which ones to ask for. If it’s the former and you are looking to obtain guitar petals because you think they look cool, I think that’s silly. Understand — I am NOT calling YOU silly.

Without more information, my answer is the same as radiocasters; I wouldn’t recommend any Danelectro pedals.

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
French Toast Octave Fuzz is AWESOME sounding and at least around here, you can get them super cheap used.
1670073506864.png

Ditto the D-1 FAB Distortion
1670073604430.png

stormsedge

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I have a few. The Billionaire group was/were my first pedals. They are pretty good pedals, but later research indicates they are designed to replicate a full stack sound---I keep the boost/ODs turned way down, so there may be some truth there. Boost is a clear boost with a low cut filter; Pride of Texas is an SRV TS808/TS8; Cash Cow is a 70s classic rock/blues tone. The tremolo and rotary are nice pedals. Reverb purchase...this was a nifty dealer display (new in box) wired and mounted on a board with a daisy chain power supply...plug and play...$192usd in Dec'19.

I picked up the Cool Cat Metal 1 (NoS) and tried it for a bit before moving it on. Loud Brit amp tones...the box is marked something to the effect of "be careful it is loud"...loud, distortion. And the position of the knobs require thought to adjust. If I were a heavy distortion player, this would have been the ticket. Reverb purchase...$35usd in Mar'20.

Spring King...big spring reverb that one can kick for a "falling amp" sound. It is a good enough spring reverb, but the size makes it a bit wonky to use outside the house/studio. I think I bought this one on sale from one of the big vendors...$120usd-ish sticks in my mind.

danelectro pedals.PNG

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I owned Dano pedals from the various 'deli Food', Fab, and Cool Cat ( the Timmy and OCD clone era) lines.
And though I fooled around with a lot of these, had some fun at home ( for years), none of them really made it onto my pedal board for gigs
- it wasn't the sound so much as the physical design:

- weird shape; front-mounted jacks and knobs; hard footswitches ( on Cool Cat series); and tiny knobs, which means a lot of variation of sound ( say Gain, or Volume) in small increments of rotation

Sorry! But all of these things drove me crazy, as none of these things existed with the boring-looking yet superior design of Boss, MXR, Ibanez- style pedals I would always go back to- just more comfy!
* I do love this Danelectro!

Attachments

• 20220628_192402.jpg
    20220628_192402.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 15

TokyoPortrait

Friend of Leo's
Hi.

I only have one - The Breakdown.

It is apparently based on the Univox UD-50 Uni-Drive, which was this odd late 60s pedal with a treadle like a wah, to adjust stages of gain. Supposed to have been used by Jimmy Page on early Led Zep recordings.

The treadle bit has been replaced by a six stage rotary switch called Break-Up.

It’s a great pedal - it has a huge amount of gain on tap via the volume knob. And the six stages of breakup allow you to find various ranges of drive / distortion from a tiny bit of almost imperceptible hair to almost fuzz-like tones. So, between the vol knob and the Break-Up knob, you can do a lot.

Another bonus, for me, is it works with Vox Top Boost channels, which are notoriously fickle with drive pedals.

Pax/
Dean

northernguitar

Poster Extraordinaire
I’ve had four and still own one, which is currently for sale.

Fab Tone OD-This is for sale. It’s the one in the aluminum case. Big footprint. Looks like it should sound like Doo-Wop guitar. Ends up sounding like Metal to Death Metal. A little noisy, but noise goes away when the chainsaw begins. A one trick pony. (Shameless plug-selling cheap, will ship!)

Corned Beef Reverb. Sold! Plastic case. If I only wanted the most perfect slapback out of a delay pedal, this could be it. Doesn’t do much else.

Hash Browns Flanger. Plastic case. Nice jet swoosh, sounded best with distortion.

Pastrami OD. Plastic case. Nice overdrive, doesn’t get too hairy. Tossed it to a mate.

Nice affordable pedals, none where better than other pedals I have.

Greenmachine

Tele-Afflicted
The Tuna Melt Tremolo.

It's a decent circuit. Got mine for 10 bucks used and never looked back. I also happen to know that a very reputable local pro (yes, a pro) uses one as well so don't be fooled by the cheapness of the enclosure. But to be fair, it probably won't hold up as well as metal if you're lead footed.