What solo boost pedal do you use?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Chriss945, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Sune Andersson

Sune Andersson Tele-Meister

Totally agree, this is a great solo pedal. I use it first in chain boosting up my Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive...
    I has a foot switch that can be used as a normal foot switch (push it once/ON push it again/OFF) or as a momentan Switch (push it, hold it down/ON release foot/OFF) Ibelieve that is a pretty unique feature on a boost pedal. :cool:

Here is a link to their page if you want to read more (and no, I don't work with them. I am just a happy amateur user)

TCE Spark Mini Booster

2. jguitarman

jguitarman Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I have been using my Fulltone Fat Boost until recently when it broke. I think the on/off switch died.

3. telefan62

telefan62 Tele-Meister

I *want* to be in the volume knob camp...but I'm not there yet so lately I've been using an EP Booster to punch up solos. It's definitely not transparent but I like what it does to my tone more than the Boosta Grande I was using before.

4. DakotaRed

DakotaRed Tele-Meister

I was using a Tube Screamer but the new EXH Soul Food has taken over that slot...

5. 0018g

0018g Tele-Meister

I use the volume knob for the most part. I do use a an old TS-9 with the gain turned way down for really intense stuff.

What gets dicey is switching from Ric to Tele and remembering which knob does what.

6. sirbergersworth

sirbergersworth Tele-Holic

+1

Sent from my iPhone using TDPRI

7. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Poster Extraordinaire

I usually have either a Barber Direct Drive or a Blues Driver ON, depending upon which of my two Fender amps (BJ or old DR, running loud and clean- pedals are set high Level/moderate Gain) and just roll up guitar volume, so I'm basically going from relatively clean to relatively dirty, I guess. I'm more R&R than Rock so I'm not using a lot of distortion/sustain, so this works well/natural for me. These pedals are dynamic!

For MORE though:twisted:, I will kick on a GFS Brownie/Rat clone;)

8. chumpchange

chumpchange TDPRI Member

tube screamer before i found the dyna-comp.

been eyeballing the tc electronic spark boost.

9. barney77

barney77 Tele-Meister

My JCM 900 SL-X has this feature, and I love it.
    Whenever I play another amp it's the first thing I miss.

10. beep.click

beep.click Poster Extraordinaire

Lehle or Time Machine Boost.

11. sbpark

sbpark Friend of Leo's

I just picked up a BBE Boosta Grande today. GC has them on sale for $50. I know I could have got an older version for less, but the new ones are in a smaller housing and no cheesy graphic anymore.

I've been through a few boost pedals lately. Had an EP Booster and at first liked it, but I found that my smaller amps like it like my SF Champ, but with bigger amps it had too much low end. If it was a pedal I kept on all the time I'd compensate by adjusting the amp's EQ, but I wasn't using it that way, so I sold it. I also have a Wampler Talent Booster that I'm on the fence about. Seems like a decent pedal, but is a little trebly.

The Boosta Grande so far sounds great. It's simple, one knob, is cheap (and even cheaper now that it's on sale) and does what it's supposed to and although it's not 100% transparent, so far I like what it adds, and at the same time ti doesn't make your sound overly trebly or bassy like other boost pedals.

12. bossking7

bossking7 Tele-Afflicted

Fulltone FB 3

13. southpaw pete

southpaw pete Tele-Meister

If I am using the Visual Sound Open Road as my rhythm drive, then I kick in the Route 808 for solos.

If I am using my Barber 1/2 Gainer, I set one side to a low gain, edge of breakup rhythm setting, and the second side with a little volume and gain boost for lead work.

14. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

I always use my Boss LS-2. Basically one loop has dirt, the other has EQ and a few other pedals that I can add, subtract, or bypass depending on the song. Once everything is set per song, I just hit the LS-2 no matter what song it is. It even has separate output levels that are handy for certain applications. I've now got it mounted up front and raised a bit over everything else. Can't miss and the Boss paddle is so smooth to stomp.

15. basher

basher Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I'm pretty good at controlling dynamics with my volume knob and/or picking attack, and I might also kick in my Rat (distortion usually down around 8:00 and the volume at 3:00 or 4:00), or use my EA tremolo as a boost. Or some combination of all those. It depends on the song and style and mood and what I had for breakfast.

16. Chris Clemens

Chris Clemens Tele-Holic

Although I only use volume (and tone!) for lead... Blahblah...

I've used:

And:

Love them!

17. Johnnyb4894

Johnnyb4894 Tele-Meister

Metal Muff by electroharmonics. Amp head clean (Peavey Supreme 100 T. Tube). I use the Muff for dirty-I have it dialed I to a nice crunch. There is also a boost switch is a decibal gain switch with controls to dial in that as well. It's nice for leads...

http://youtu.be/K5ujrfOUmpM

18. cocoboudin

cocoboudin Tele-Holic

I used the vol knob to, first i crank the gain to get the drive i want ta full vol of the guitar and i clean up whit whit less vol. So when i'm doing solo i just add some vol from the guitar. Cocoboudin

19. Televised

Televised Friend of Leo's

Have a Germanium Red Mini Fuzz Face that is on all the time with the Tele volume knob at about 3/4. If/when I crank the knob a little I get a Gain/Boost....a lot.....fairly major OD/Fuzz.

20. rdo1708

rdo1708 Tele-Holic

The Marshall JVM410H has this feature. It has two master volumes that are footswitchable. Very cool feature. I would probably use it more for "bedroom volume, stage volume" though for what I play. But definitely works perfect as a solo boost.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.