What size are the 2 resistors

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by Cam, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Cam

Cam Tele-Afflicted

in this pic of power caps?
    http://www.tdpri.com/telephoto/showphoto.php/photo/13658/cat/500/ppuser/166
    Incidentally those are the caps that were in bandmastered deluxe reverb. I left the orange but changed the silver. I will probably change the orange as they are over 10 yrs old I assume. I assume I should probably cput in new resistors. I stand to be helped and corrected by the learned. The learning continues......
    Thanks

2. Schwalbe

Schwalbe TDPRI Member

They look like one watt carbon composition. You can use metal oxide or metal film to replace them. Modern metal oxide/metal film 1 W are smaller.

3. milocj

milocj Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

It looks like a 4.7K (yellow, purple, red) and a 1K (brown, black, red) if those are the actual colors I'm seeing in your picture. The schematic for a blackface Bandmaster shows the same values, both 1 watt ratings.

4. Cam

Cam Tele-Afflicted

actual colours....

Yep! Thanks
    silver red purple yellow
    and
    silver red black brown

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  5. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Friend of Leo's

Check the voltages,if they are near correct leave 'em alone..Those resisters seldom need replacing..I wouldn't change the caps either unless they look or sound bad..I know the techs all say 10 years life span but I've seen 20 years on some and still good..
    BTW,whatever you do,be sure to discharge those things before you do any thing else..They bite big time,and you might not be lucky enough to get a second chance.I goofed one time and got hit hard enough to knock my upper dentures out of my mouth..Lesson learned.....PJ....

6. Cam

Cam Tele-Afflicted

Thanks PJ. Draining the juice was the first thing I learned to do before adventuring on the tweak road. Being the paranoid guy, I watch it drop through my meter, so I don't drop.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.