What Should I Do With My Classic Vibe Tele

Quexoz

Tele-Meister
Give it to charity (me). That's my "dream guitar" I've never been able to afford. Damned things went from $299 to $470 the last few years >:0(

But seriously though, if you really have no use for it. Sell it to fund other stuff? I just sold my Ibanez ART90 to fund the purchase and upgrades of my Monoprice Indio for the same reason. I had three "Gibson-ish" guitars and no Tele, and the Ibanez was worth the most money.

Now I save a cheap Shine SG copy (for metal-ish humbucker stuff), Harley Benton Explorer copy (for PAF low output style stuff), SX Bass (for bassy stuff), and the Indio Tele copy...and no money. But I do not have a guitar sitting there for no reason any more.

Last edited:

naveed211

Friend of Leo's
Thanks for all of the good advice! As exciting as putting a bender in, I think I will put it up for sale locally. I really like this guitar but the reality is it won’t get played and it is too nice a guitar to sit.

thanks to everyone for helping me think this through.

Good idea.

Now enjoy the next seven pages as this thread continues long after you’ve made your decision.

jimmywrangles

Tele-Meister
Give it to someone deserving.
Maybe a family member or some young guitarist who only has a plank to play, It's a nice guitar so it'd be appreciated.
Selling it is probably the sensible option though.

Fenderdad1950

Friend of Leo's
Warmoth manufacturers great necks, buy a regular Tele neck that you like, but ... It will have the old string spacing for the narrower neck. Be sure to compensate with a bridge with saddles, of the correct spacing.

Slim Chance

Tele-Afflicted
Any suggestion that doesn’t include changing the neck isn’t really going to help, is it? Maybe slide. I don’t know.

Seattlesurfer

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
Warmoth manufacturers great necks, buy a regular Tele neck that you like, but ... It will have the old string spacing for the narrower neck. Be sure to compensate with a bridge with saddles, of the correct spacing.
Just did that with my 2012 60’s CV - ordered a Warmoth fatback with 42mm nut.

Bruxist

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I am in the "trade for a strat camp"

Variety is good. Strats give you a nice variation from teles in tones while still feeling pretty similar to a tele (some of which depends on how you set your trem)

willholt92

Tele-Meister
If you've got another tele and your not going to play it.

Sell it, and buy one of these.

1641978412640.png

Jay Jernigan

Tele-Afflicted
I still play my CV all the time. Skinny neck and all. Not my favorite size, but it plays so well that it's hard to find fault with it. I know that the new one was not cheap and CVs are not going down in value, so I would suggest selling it in a market upswing. As has been said, if you aren't gigging on guitar, it's not beneficial to keep it. My 2¢.

BUG80

Tele-Meister
You can also see if you can sell it and trade it for a CV with a thicker neck. My 2013 CV50s (Made in China) has quite a " normal sized" neck, maybe on the thicker side actually. Plays very nice.

I played a CV Strat recently (made in Indonesia) and that one had a reaaally thin neck. Did not really like the neck.