What Semi hollow do you play most often?

Gardo

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
685C8750-E767-4D9A-8E6C-84B2B37BA969.jpeg

It’s been this Riviera ever since I got it. When Epiphone reissued them I had to have it, no disappointments. I currently have pure nickel strings on it to mellow it a little bit

39martind18

Friend of Leo's
My primary stage guitar is my 2006 Epiphone Sheraton '64 Reissue. The body and neck were MIJ, then shipped to the Gibson factory to be finished and electronics added. The result is a great playing and sounding instrument. I've added a Fishman piezo bridge for quasi-acoustic sounds and /or a blended sound that has an acoustic sheen and sparkle. The Roland GK3 hooks up to a Roland GR30 synth for horn and keyboard sounds as well as strings like fiddle and pedal steel. The sum total of the parts of this guitar make it one versatile instrument. It's shown here with its older brother, an Epiphone Elitist Riviera 12-string, and a Blues Deluxe Reissue with a pair of JBLs installed on a Mojotone baffle.
20180518_173047.jpg

Jazzcaster21

Tele-Holic
For those of you who play a semi hollow guitar what is the one you play most often. For me as of late, I have been playing my Hagstrom Viking. Post pictures or videos of your favorite semi hollow guitars….

22 years and counting; this was my main axe for a long time. Now the Tele gets more action and this only gets played on jazz gigs. And in case you are wondering, I did the relic-ing myself from playing it so much. I had a refret done about 10 years ago and the bridge has been replaced twice.

IMG_3527.jpeg

loco gringo

Tele-Afflicted
'51 ES125. My favorite guitar these days. Not all original and has a number of scuff, scrapes, and repairs, kind of like me.

Edit: Apparently I can't read. This is obviously not a semi-hollow body. Oh well.

I don't have a semi right now. I am in the process of trading some stuff for a semi, and the Gretsch semi I had ended up as part of that trade

20220625_112810.jpg

Last edited:

Lone_Poor_Boy

Tele-Afflicted
I've got some nice ones but this one I play the most; a 1995 Gibson ES-135. Bought used a few years back. Some previous owner broke the original pickups taking them out and changed out the original tuners. It just feels and sounds right with the type of playing I do on it.

Others without pics;
1979 Gretsch Country Club 7576
2018 Duesenberg Starplayer TV
2018 Gretsch Tim Armstrong G5191

IMG_5607.jpeg

rand z

Friend of Leo's
Sold my 335 because of ergonomics. This 2020 Made in Nashville 339 replaced it. It's a great guitar.

View attachment 997725

I have one of these babies... it's a 2010 Gibson 339, 2 tone sunburst.

Like this guitar, a beauty that really sounds fantastic!

I just sold an Epi Joe Pass that I had for 24 years. A nice guitar but I really didn't play it much in recent years.

Lastly, I picked up an Epi Century a few years ago... and once that I replaced the stock P90 pickup with a Fralin, low wind P90, a really nice guitar.

Semi Hollow's are a lot of fun!

imo.

Call Me Al

Tele-Meister
I thought about getting one of these for a back-up. Is it worth it?
If you mean VS another semi-hollow, hard for me to say. I’ve only played a Gretsch model In the similar price range (~$500) and I chose Ibanez.

If you mean quality in general, I think it’s fantastic for the price point. (Ibanez usually is, imho.) I especially like this neck, and I think the pickups sound great.