What Semi hollow do you play most often?

Dismalhead

Poster Extraordinaire
My Epi 339.

CeKUlGj.jpg

SamIV

Tele-Holic
This is awesome that there is another early Washburn HB-35 owner on the board. I currently own 3 early 80s string-through HB-35s which were made by Yamaki in Japan. Yamaki also made the high quality Daion guitars and they use the same pickups and bridges as the Washburn Wings and HB-35s. I currently own a 1981 with the jack on the face of the guitar a 1982 and a 1983. In the past couple of years, I sold off a rare 1998 J-14, one of the 1982 HB-35s and a 2010 HB35. I know a lot about the history of this model. In fact someone stole the copy that I wrote on Reverb when I sold one of the 82s, and I commonly see people using my copy and words when they sell their early 80s HB-35s. The early ones are the best 335 type guitars that I have played.
CbXNDQR

View media item 47025
View media item 47026
View media item 47028
I used to one the one with the preamp or eq built in. It was a great player. Some one offered me too much money, so I sold it.

SixStringSlinger

Poster Extraordinaire
My only semi, thought lately it's being played most out of perhaps all my guitars. This picture's from the Reverb listing::

dbphxjhrb3ikmgh193qe.png

My Reverend Tricky Gomez RT.

Festofish

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Update! My newest axe is my new #1! I woke up one day last week and saw this on CL. I didn’t even know this model existed! Made a trade, brought it home and it blew me away. I love this thing! Ibanez AWD83T
B6FE0AE9-A7D4-407D-9512-8324AD03F8B6.jpeg
3C796949-9089-4567-8244-8FB3D3247B12.jpeg
850F8C9A-84AC-4C5C-A08E-101DCBA1288A.jpeg

Last edited:

Falstaff1960

Tele-Meister
I see others are posting their full compliment of semi-hollow guitars. So as one of the sheep with the rest of the flock, here are mine.

First the one I play the most, the IYV IJZ-300
unnamed-3.jpg

Next is one I acquired recently, a Glarry GGS101 Jazz. This one took a lot of work to make it playable including a fret level, crown and polish, a new nut and completely new pickups and electronics. Also replace the huge original pickguard with one from the parts bin from a lester.
unnamed.jpg

Next is one that is pretty but I don't play as much for some reason. A Grote GRS-001
unnamed-1.jpg

Lastly is another Grote, the Grote Jazz Electric. To be fair and accurate this is a fully hollow thinline like an Epiphone Century.
unnamed-2.jpg

I also just took delivery of a Telecaster Thinline body that is on the bench as my next build project. It will have an SD P-Rail in the neck with triple shot and a dual rail humbucker with coil split in the bridge position.

drmordo

Friend of Leo's
How do you like it? I’ve wanted a Starcaster since discovering them years ago. They seem big!

Sorry I missed this - so, a year later - I like it. It's a well made guitar. I have played it probly 30 minutes in the year or so I have owned it. This guitar taught me something. It's my first semi.

To me, semis are an answer without a question. They sound like a solid, but look like a hollow. They are the "crossover suv" of guitars.

For some reason, that doesn't appeal to me. I personally would rather just play a solid or a hollow. I recently found a decent deal on a Sire 335 copy, and I distinctly remember thinking it played and looked great, then very happily hanging it back on the wall and walking away.

All that said, the CV Starcaster is a well made guitar that sounds good. It had a pleasantly thick C neck and good fretwork. It's feels very Fender-y to play, but the body size is still very close to a ES-335.

cap47

Tele-Holic
I just gave my G5420T to my Nephew who lost all his guitars and amps in a housefire! I hated to see it go but here I sat with eight guitars and I wanted to do something to help him out. I have two acoustic/electrics an LP Gib, a Mex Tele, a ProJet and G2622 and a Ep WildKat besides the G5420T I gave him. He called me and was so happy I did that and it makes me feel good I did! So he now has a Great Semi-Hollow too!

bobio

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
The closest thing I have to a Semi-Hollow, 2022 Gibson Les Paul Studio with Gibson's "Ultra-Modern Weight Relief" as they put it. Mine is 8lbs 4oz, LOVE the guitar. Weighs about the same as any of my Teles and has mojo to spare 🥰

20220619_182254178_iOS.jpg
ultra-modern-weight-relief-750x750.png