1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What pedal has been on your board the longest?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Recalcitrant, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Scooby Snax

Scooby Snax Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

It was there before there was a board,
    DD7, about 11 or so years.

2. turfdoc

turfdoc TDPRI Member

Boss Super Chorus

Recalcitrant likes this.
  3. Blackshadowrider

Blackshadowrider TDPRI Member

So I am a likely out of the norm musician as I have only lived in two different places over the last 40 plus years. I started buying Boss (compact) pedals when they first hit the market in the lates1970's. I do not quite recall which was the first one Phaser or Chorus but I still have and use them both. This went on to the Delay, OD and Distortion and soon Compressor. This rounded out my 80's board which was with me into the new millennium. It was after 2000 that I started experimenting with other pedals that emerged on the market. The one that has never left my board is the Boss CE-2 Chorus. My original CE-2 is now retired to my home studio board and the gig/travel board is using the the WAZA version as I decided the original has seen enough travel and is too valuable to take a drop and get damaged.
    Summary is the original Boss Japan made pedals were made to last and I have been using all my Boss pedals for 40 years +/- depending on when they were bought as I do have some newer ones like a DD-3 Digital Delay. The only one that has given me any issues over the years was the DM-2 which will only work with the direct Boss AC adaptor plugged into it, no battery or daisy chain plugin. I am now using the WAZA version of that one as well. Probably the newest thing to hit my board in 10 years has been digital reverb and not relying on old Fender spring reverb for everything.

Maguchi, igor5 and Recalcitrant like this.
  4. scottser

scottser Friend of Leo's

Boss tu3 followed by a bd2. They've been on the board for the last 12 years and haven't budged since.

Maguchi and Recalcitrant like this.
  5. skaz

skaz TDPRI Member

Strymon Flint

Recalcitrant and Roscoe295 like this.
  6. pippoman

pippoman Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

You’re not alone jbensaab.

7. Ricoblues

Ricoblues TDPRI Member

Marshall Bluesbreaker II

8. Leonardocoate

Leonardocoate Tele-Meister

boss tuner

Recalcitrant likes this.
  9. ClashCityTele

ClashCityTele Tele-Afflicted

My Boss OD-1, that I bought from a friend around 1981. Used it ever since. Soon added Boss Flanger BF-2 & Delay DM-2.
    That was my setup back in the day.
    I now have numerous Chinese mini clone pedals, but nothing replaces my OD-1. It's been through the Punk Rock Wars & back again.
    IMG_20150831_180934.jpg
    IMG_20150831_180918.jpg

Recalcitrant likes this.
  10. E5RSY

E5RSY Doctor of Teleocity

DD-3. Since '94.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    Recalcitrant likes this.
  11. Jay Jernigan

Jay Jernigan Tele-Afflicted

Has to be the two that started it all: tube screamer and wah. I'm not sure if I really care which models.

Recalcitrant likes this.
  12. GearGeek01

GearGeek01 Tele-Meister

My 1979 ProCo Rat I bought new in 1979...
    ProCo Rat, JHS Angry Charlie, TC Flashback.JPG

13. keneye

keneye TDPRI Member Gold Supporter

All at the same time when I got my first board and are all still on it:
    TC HOF Reverb
    TC Flashback Delay/Looper
    Xotic SP Compressor

Recalcitrant likes this.
  14. driver8

driver8 Tele-Holic

BD-2. It's not my favorite pedal, but it always seems to be there. Sometimes I love it, sometimes not so much, but that seems to depend mostly on the amp.

15. eddnix

eddnix Tele-Meister

Timmy for me. I don't tend to use it as an overdrive, but I love its Swiss army knife capabilities. I once removed a stone from a lame horse's hoof with it.

16. dogmeat

dogmeat Friend of Leo's

why isn't there a poll? just sayin'

17. loopfinding

loopfinding Tele-Afflicted

i had an ernie ball jr volume pedal for like 10 years, but the second time the string snapped, i just said screw it, it's a terrible system, and have been cycling through whatever cheap volume pedals i can grab the last 5 years.

when i didn't know anything about pedals or electronics, i used a blues driver as my only other pedal for like 10 years. then i also used a fuzz factory with it for a few years. neither are on my board now.

but that's about it, i change pedals as necessary. the only two mainstays i have right now are a fuzz face/green ringer that i built into a single enclosure, and the mad professor forest green comp. they've been on the board for about 2-3 years.

normal fuzz, FSU fuzz (like a superfuzz variant), octave fuzz, comp, volume pedal - that's all i really need to get the job done. sometimes i'll use delay, but i find myself moreso using it in software or on other hardware where it's tempo-synced than on my board.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    Recalcitrant likes this.
  18. TequilaCaster

TequilaCaster Tele-Holic

I use a 1Spot power supply with a multiple-output-plug cable to power my pedal board.
    So all of my pedalboard pedals are 'ON' equally. No pedal has been 'ON' longer than the next.

Recalcitrant likes this.
  19. nosuch

nosuch Friend of Leo's

Backinblack.jpg Honestly I never had a "board" for me it was always just 2-3 pedals on the floor. I bought a Crybaby Wah in the 90s and shortly after that a PROCO RAT. and for some reasons I held onto them through the days of using a multi effects unit in a function band and no pedals playing blues and jazz. Boredom due to corona-infested gigless times made me take these out of the drawer. I still like the tones – especially the Rat. It goes from a light crunch that's very usable for snotty jazz all the way into fuzz-territory. And it loves the telecaster. I can see myself using it again when we start gigging again.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
  20. codamedia

codamedia Poster Extraordinaire

TS-9 Tube screamer... (actually... any variant would do)
    It gets used about a half dozen times per night, but I would never leave home without one.

Recalcitrant likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.