1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What next - Octofuzz, Phaser, Looper, another delay or...?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by 41144, Apr 22, 2020.

1. 41144

41144 Tele-Afflicted

First World problems I know but....

Basically, having bought a Tech21 Boost-Overdrive pedal I also needed to get a bigger board.
    I now have room for another pedal, I've currently got a Reverb in there but don't really like/want/use a Reverb.

My current chain is... Tuner - Boost/OD - Vibe - Boost - Flanger - Tremolo-Delay-Reverb... . (See pg581 of Show us your pedal board).

What do you think would be a good/logical replacement for the Reverb - in any position on the board?

More info to help?

Have looked into....
    Octofuzz... but, don't particularly like anything more than light OD, so need a compelling argument for that.
    Currently no real use for a Looper ( got software etc) and playing with the band have never thought.... Oh if only I could add... ie we are a 5 piece anyway!
    Phaser... Well I've already got Vibe and set my Flanger very light almost like a Phaser... would a dedicated Phaser be that different?
    Another Delay passed my mind too, but... my current Delay is really set as a "amp mic'd across the room" and not used much anyway! Or... Just leave the "spare" slot empty... :cry:

I/we play wide ranging 60s R'n' b/Blues/Rock with a smattering of newer ballad type stuff.

So whadayuthink?

PS.. already got an unused wah-wah

2. jddub440

jddub440 Tele-Holic

You need a rippin fuzz....or a rat.....or maybe just one of these things to store some pics or whatever other small things..... il_75x75.1446519416_ogw4.jpg

neilybob100 likes this.
  3. bluesholyman

bluesholyman Friend of Leo's

I think 60s era music should have a fuzz at the ready - either a tone-bender style or a variation of fuzz face.

4. allesz

allesz Tele-Holic

A compressor? Not for rock music, but very useful for funk or country.

Auto wha/envelop filter? Used sparingly can be a lot of fun.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.