What Music Did You Start 2022 With?

black_doug

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Start 2022 like the first thing I heard?
OK this may be too much for some more squeamish viewers so take a moment to scroll past because I'm not going to sugar coat my answer.
My wife and I both agreed to no NYE TV this year and she went to sleep before me.
I got tired of Doctor Who and just after midnight skipped down to the NYE programming.
Options were Dick Clark (is he still alive? Sorry!) Times Square glitter ball drop (I love NY but no just no) and Miley Cyrus???

I still find kids today interesting and like some new music, so I clicked on the Miley button.
Just in time for her top garment made of a ragged scrap of washcloth the size of your hand to fail, which is I guess a kids today thing?
She put on a blazer with no buttons and kept singing solo or duets while the band swapped cool guitars every 90 seconds. Plus a few other kids did kids today music where the vocal sounds like a Farfisa.
Saw a single cut LP Jr, a Jazzmaster, a Tele, and I guess a couple of other things.

I'm not experiencing any symptoms or odd cravings yet but maybe I should take a Kidvid test to make sure I wasn't infected?
Exposure (mine not hers) was less than half an hour so I don't think I caught anything.
I think I might find her a little less annoying than last year?
Is that a warning sign?

Anyhow, apologies if I've offended anyone, it really wasn't that bad and also I didn't inhale.

I’m glad I missed that.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I fell asleep listening to film review podcasts on my MP3 Player. When I woke up to shuffle down the hall to the bathroom, I scrolled through files until I came across Phil Grey's "Retrospect '60s Garage Punk Show," celebrating 500 episodes of 1960s punk, rock, and psych: THE SONICS, THE SEEDS, THE MONKS, THE LEMON DROPS, THE GOLDEN CUPS and more!!!

https://www.podbean.com/media/share..._share_ep&utm_medium=dlink&utm_source=w_share

What no Standells?
No Count Five?

msalama

Tele-Holic
Music? Absolutely nothing. Am enjoying this total, unbroken silence after the fireworks last night. Music is for weenies!

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I’m glad I missed that.

I'm not sure why but it wasn't as bad as it sounds?
Walking into an occupied bathroom you thought was empty is generally worse.
The music, or, the singing?
Can't really remember any of it and I wasn't even drinking.
Seems like the songs were all meta?
Except that thing where the vocal gets a cheap organ effect.
That I cannot unhear.

smartsoul72

Tele-Holic
71netVTB20L._SL1200_.jpg