What model Tele?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Rollmeaway, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Rollmeaway

Rollmeaway TDPRI Member

I have seen the Nashville Teles with a Strat pickup in the middle position or two lace sensors in the neck and middle, but searching for hours an I can't find a Tele with two neck pickups.

Has anyone seen this! Did fender ever make these? Or is this kid Andrei playing a modified guitar? Vintage maybe?

Thanks...

2. Dacious

Dacious Poster Extraordinaire

A long time ago Fender made a Deluxe Tele IIRC with red or blue dually Laces. 90s I think. Rare bird.

Rollmeaway likes this.
  3. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Friend of Leo's

I seem to recall there was a model like this, but I'm not sure what it was called.

Rollmeaway likes this.
  4. John C

John C Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Not sure what that one is - it's got a vintage-style bridge (or at least a 6-saddle vintage bridge). I don't think it's the Tele Plus version 2 - that one did have 3 Lace Sensors and the neck/middle ones had chromed covers, but the middle pickup was a Strat-sized pickup with the chromed cover. But it had the modern bridge with 6 cast saddles and 22 frets and the one in the video has a 21-fret neck and a vintage bridge.

Those Tele Plus version 2s were made from mid-1995 through the end of 1997 or possibly early 1998 before they were replaced by the American Deluxes.

Rollmeaway likes this.
  5. Rollmeaway

Rollmeaway TDPRI Member

Well, Thanks gentlemen. I don't post much on here. But when I need to know something Tele related, this is my first stop.

I hang out on Squier Talk most of the time. I will check back later.

Danny...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.