What makes you laugh

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Monty Python, Jonathan Winters, Robin Williams, Stu from Family Guy.

In real life, just everyday, run of the mill, silly people doing silly stuff. The other day I was in the local market's produce section and couldn't find any of those thin plastic bags you put your onions, peppers, what have you, in. I looked high and low and couldn't find any. I noticed an older lady kinda wandering around just like I was. She eventually walked up to me and in very broken English says..."No finda da bag?"...I shook my head-No, and laughed, then she laughed and we both laughed a bit together.

Chipmunks make me laugh, specifically, the 3 dozen or so that live on my property. I've found that the old cartoon Alvin and The Chipmunks was a pretty good representation of Chipmunk culture. They are the most playful, silly, goofy little critters in the animal kingdom. The follow me around as I rake, week, mow, etc. They chase each other like a couple of puppies, all they time chirping away. I swear they'll tease me like they want me to chase them too. Great fun.

Kudos to the OP. Laughing is real important right now.

AcresWild

TDPRI Member

gilly and keeves has been making some great sketch comedy--their youtube channel is quality over quantity

Alex_C

Tele-Afflicted
Random stuff. Movies may get a laugh or two. Rick and Morty often makes me chuckle. Idiots crashing skateboards can be funny.

aging_rocker

Friend of Leo's
'Green Wing' - probably my all-time favourite tv show

And 'Spaced' was just genius:

I think a lot of the episodes of both are available on yootoob these days.

LOSTVENTURE

Friend of Leo's
As a guitarist, hearing someone else play out of tune, intensionaly, drives me to tears.
Long ago I played in a little family band where the father tried to play fiddle, and he could not tune that thing to save his life. And he could not tell it. That, and his presentation, like some kind of star, would get me laughing so hard that it was difficult to perform.

tweeet

Tele-Afflicted
Yep...Young Frankenstein...Blazing Saddles...Silent Movie...Airplane and sequels....but above all...Laurel and Hardy especially the Hal Roach films....I will watch them til I expire !

VWAmTele

Friend of Leo's
I like thinking about the ordinary everyday situations, with just a slight twist of absurdity. Things you would never do but wish you could because, well, we're a society.

39martind18

Friend of Leo's
I find that what makes people laugh is often the misfortune of others.
the Germans had some term for that, if I recall.

For me personally lately it's generally the sight and sounds of the squirrels fighting at the feeder I have five feet away from where I spend most of my time
schadenfreude

Festofish

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Some of my faves.
Blazing Saddles-Badges?
UHF-Badgers?
Idiocracy-coming true before our eyes.
Office Space
Clue
Airplane and anything else Leslie has been in.
Most Mel Brooks stuff
Monty Python
Monty, Mel, Leslie, Mike Judge and Weird Al(new biopic looks great).