What makes you laugh

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I find that what makes people laugh is often the misfortune of others.
the Germans had some term for that, if I recall.

For me personally lately it's generally the sight and sounds of the squirrels fighting at the feeder I have five feet away from where I spend most of my time

Reactions: BB

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
A man slapping another man always makes me laugh. Sorry, can't help it. It's always funny regardless of context.

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire
1654021517149.png

French punk rock band. If you don't buy this record, we will kill this dog.

otherwise, the last thing that really, really cracked me up and i have posted here before, is

And i crack up laughing everytime because of the awesome voice actors. I don't know how they did it, but tears in the eyes.

Malcolm in the middle also bring tears to my eyes.

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Whenever I'm sad and blue (almost never), I think of a couple things:

First, I envision JarJar Binks exclaiming either "Pull meesa finger!" or "Smell meesa finger!"

If that doesn't do it, I imagine Elmer Fudd crooning my favorite rock ballads.
"We're dwivin' in my caw, I turn on the wadio ... I hold you cwose, but you still say no.
Oooooh, Fiwah."

Chester P Squier

Friend of Leo's
My daughter-in-law cracks my up on occasion. She's very funny at times.

About 40 years ago, our pastor at the time told a story about a man who died and was buried in a rented tux. I can't remember how the joke went, but it took me several minutes to stop laughing.

KeithDavies 100

Tele-Meister
I find that what makes people laugh is often the misfortune of others.
the Germans had some term for that, if I recall.

For me personally lately it's generally the sight and sounds of the squirrels fighting at the feeder I have five feet away from where I spend most of my time
Schadenfreude? Probably not spelled like that?!

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
Animals make me laugh, or at least make me happy. The way they think and/or instinctively react in certain situations is always entertaining.

Mel Brooks, especially Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles.

Peter Sellers.

Mitch Hedberg…I like his take on life, especially the joke about “How much a duck likes me is directly proportional to how much bread I have…”

stxrus

Doctor of Teleocity
I can’t put my finger on any one tangible thing that makes me laugh. Sometimes it’s the delivery, content, my interpretation of what I’ve heard/seem/read
?”
Occasionally, I’ll find something funny and get completely out of control laughing. When the dogs get up and leave and/or Jackie asks, “Are you on that guitar forum again?”

To me laughter is good way to uplift my spirits. Sometimes I’m the only one finding humor. I’m ok with that

985plowboy

Poster Extraordinaire
It’s been said of my late father that “He never once heard a fart that he refused to laugh at”.
I believe I have inherited his sense of humor.

P Thought

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
We have four grown kids who have produced (I'm not complaining) ONE grandchild. We receive about a dozen pictures of her daily, and at least half of them crack me up.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Sometimes it's broad, almost slapstick comedy.....sometimes very subtle stuff like the films of Bill Forsyth. (Local Hero, Comfort and Joy) But whatever it is, I DON'T like humor that's malicious to others. Even playful insults like Don Rickles just never appealed to me. I'm just a softie, I guess. ;)

oldunc

Friend of Leo's
Sadly, less and less as I spiral into decrepitude; gut splitting hilarity has largely been replaced by wry appreciation of the ironies of the world. Bertie Wooster can still get me sometimes.
LOLs can do it sometimes- the image of someone rolling on the floor with mirth over a misspelled word or mistaken attribution or some such it tres humorous always.