What Makes TDPRI So Special To Me.

playforfun

Tele-Afflicted
Man I’ve learned so much here from people all over the world. I’ve not had a bad experience since I joined. I’m always quoting something I learned here to the band and keep suggesting they join. Lot of smart people here with experience to back it up with common sense so they don’t get too far over my head. Definitely a one of a kind site.

MarkieMark

Friend of Leo's
Wait...
This is supposed to be about guitars?

I seem to remember signing up while looking for tips on getting that troublesome bolt out of the fan of my '67 VW beetle engine and ended up giving someone named Chet tips on bleeding his Ford Ranger clutch hydraulics.
Or was it how to reduce the wrinkles in a previously bumched shrit...

What year is it anyway?
I am gray and balding.
And "they" want me to deposit a check by taking a picture of it...
With my "phone"

Some days this feels like the last place that seems to make any sense.

Knows3Chords

Tele-Afflicted
I'm very new here. I have to say the site has a welcoming vibe to it. One thing I have noticed, so far, is that not very many guys (or gals) seem to take themselves too seriously here. Coming from visiting IT, Flight Simulator, video games and other forums it has been a nice change. On many of those sites the fact that it is all supposed to be about fun seems get lost all too often. I like the "leave your ego at the door" attitude here. I'm glad I finally decided to join in.

Oh, and there are some seriously funny people here too. I came for the Squier threads, but I'm staying for the comedy.

jedediahd

TDPRI Member
Cargo shorts will incite emotion too.

Really, longtime listener, infrequent poster. I share the OP's enthusiasm for TDPRI. Grew up listening to people born during the rock beginnings (b 1967), survived the pointy guitar, big hair days, but always was fond for the Teles, Les Pauls and Strats I saw my heroes playing. Still.

Also, OP is straight up right about the sense of humor this place has.
J.D.

HaWE

Tele-Holic
I like this page because there are always some very interesting threads to read.And I think many of the members show a lot knowledge ,so there is always the chance for me to learn something new.
My impression is that this is a very polite community.There is quite little fighting and quarrel going on compared to some other forums I have visited.
Also for me it is a way I can communicate with people sharing the same hobby. Living in a rather small village I do not have so many people around here to talk about guitars or my direction of music in general.Born in 1958, I was influenced by the music of the late 60s to mid 70s ( plus old blues, rock`roll, folk, county etc) and this did never change.
We here have people and bands who play music, but most are more into heavy metal,pop,techno,rap etc . (plus some orchestras playing german brass music ).
Also it seems that many members here on TDPRI have almost the same taste or musical background.And besides that all it is a good opportunity for me to communicate with people from different countries.
At the moment I am sitting here waiting for a package to arrive, so time to check out what is going on here :)

Hey_you

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I'm not into social websites. I'm into guitars.

I guess I'm saying that TDPRI is something like those Sunday Suppers on "Blue Bloods" where young and old come together and share. The old opinions count. The young opinions are truly listened to and given consideration. No one leaves the table feeling dissed or ignored. No one approached the table thinking they had all the answers. It's a family gathering on "Blue Bloods" and it's a family gathering at TDPRI. I love you guys. When I'm here I feel at home. Among friends. No need for barriers, fences, boundaries, etc. My friends. My family. I love all of you!
Ditto!

Telecaster88

Tele-Afflicted
I've played my Tele since I bought it new in 1989, but it was only four or so years ago that I discovered the online guitar community. All of the sites have their specific pluses and focuses, but TDPRI is "home" to me, and not just because the focus is on our beloved Teles, the greatest electric guitar of all time, but because the folks here are friendly, smart, down to earth, and happy to share their experiences and advice without looking down their noses at others. It's a real community that I'm proud to be a part of. Also, you guys make me laugh, and we could all use more of that!

I probably haven't been around long enough to make an impact here, but in a potentially sappy way, I consider you all my friends. Thank you.

Telecaster88

Tele-Afflicted
Several decades ago, every person you knew could recite dialogue from "Casablanca". Or they watched Reggie Jackson hit 3 home runs - "Mr. October". Now, increasingly, there's simply not enough shared experience, from one human being to the next.
I think about this all the time. I was born in '68, so growing up when I did, with basically four TV channels for entertainment, I experienced the shared culture of all the generations before me. I had The Brady Bunch and disco, but also Casablanca, The Little Rascals, Hee Haw, the Beatles, Frank Sinatra, Lawrence Welk, the Three Stooges, surf music, punk, New Wave, you get the idea. It was one multi-faceted, multi-generational stew of American culture. And I learned to appreciate it all.

Nowadays, we are so splintered. Culture is divided up into tiny niches. There's so much bombarding us at all times from all directions, it's hard to see the big picture. I think that's a little sad. I'm glad I grew up when I did because my life references are so rich.

Anyhow, in tying this in to the thread topic, I think that's one of the things I love about this site. You guys see the big picture. We've got members from all over the world, and from widely separated generations, and yet it all works. It's a rich stew.

Old Deaf Roadie

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I cannot put a price on the information I have gained, the alternate ideas I have tried, and the support I get from TDPRI members. The mods keep it clean (yes, I have had them mad at me), and I love love love that there are no politics or other annoyances (besides myself...)

MarkieMark

Friend of Leo's
Meh. I been kicked outta nicer places than this. 🤪
I've been kicked out of places I would never admit to going to.
And at least once was arrested for complaining about getting kicked out of a shady joint.
Don't do as I have done kids.
What is a bonus is that after your 100th post you will receive a henway! if you don't get yours, make sure to ask!
Correct answer to the question...
"About 3 pounds"

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
TDPRI is first class all the way, informative, funny, helpful and creative as well. The guitar and amp
comes first here. Many smart and well played folks on this site. But don't mention "noiseless pickups",
it sometimes gets ugly. Ha, Ha..

Or relic-ed finishes.

I have two words for you guys

TONE-WOOD……