• #2 or #3 Depending On Forecast

Votes: 58 35.6%
  • Play Guitar While Hired Help Deals With It

Votes: 9 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Midgetje94

Friend of Leo's
Well I live in Texas. BUUUT… when I was in the Navy stationed in both Great Lakes IL. And Norfolk VA. The Navy liked to use us Enlisted types to freeze our asses off at 0200 shoveling snow. Called “Snow Watch”. If you’re enlisted and get told your on snow watch, go AWOL. **** sucks lol. Snow sucks. It’s cute in movies and Christmas cards. Not in real life.

But then again in Texas we get ice and slush, very rarely do we get real snow.

SparkleFart

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
The strategy this afternoon involved a shovel. Because of surroundings, couldn't use the snow blower to clear the snow I tossed off the roof the other day that was up against the house. So lots of shovel.

shovelmakesmesad.jpg

My strategy now will feature a recliner, a heating pad, & beer.

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
First I shovel the path in front of the house, which gets the sun. My wife can feed the birds safely, then.
Next I clear a path from the side door to the gate, for the Postman.
Then I run another path, from the side door, to the wood shed.
Clearing any deep snow, from in front of my vehicle is next. In Winter, I generally park no more than 15-20 feet from the lane, outside my gate.

Best done ASAP, of course. Frozen, compacted ice is a pain- literally, some years.

Tommy Biggs

Friend of Leo's
Buy a house on the sunny side of the street, clear it off and let the sun help out.
Sure I’m old and breaking down, but I ain’t dead yet, and it’s not that hard. Especially with a decent snowblower.

Beachbum

Poster Extraordinaire
I grew up in Minnesota shoveling snow as a kid with my Uncle Jim looking out of the window drinking a beer and laughing at me so screw that stuff and greetings from las Vegas.:)

Dan German

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I voted “it will melt eventually” but this year’s snow is getting on my last nerve. It still hasn‘t warmed up enough to do any serious melting, the city isn’t equipped or prepared for what we’ve gotten. All of the windrows have only thawed enough to freeze into concrete berms at night. Major streets are OK, side streets iffy, sidewalks haven’t been seen since before Christmas. I am not amused.

(Context: I lived for many winters on the Colorado Front Range, where big dumps occur, followed by thaws. Also in Winnipeg, where total snowfall isn’t that great, but Every Snowflake That Falls Stays Five Months. I know winter.)