1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What is your pet peeve as far as OPP (other people's postings)

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by blowtorch, Apr 10, 2021.

1. 1955

1955 Doctor of Teleocity

Respect is a two way street. If a member decides to be divisive by posting about a public figure with outspoken beliefs that are not allowed here, it shows a disregard for the forum’s rules and disrespect for the membership.

How about famous guitar players, entertainers, actors, etc. keep their mouths shut in the first place?

It doesn’t do any of us good when the ideologies of public figures (no matter their bias) are weaseled into conversation under a seemingly innocuous presumption. That is “soapboxing” and advancing a personal agenda, which is also forbidden here.

Furthermore, it is distasteful to usher into discussion a fractional characteristic of a celebrity (like their purported cultural value or talent) and expect everyone to overlook a glaring history of vocal bias that dominates their work, a bias that has had consequences for people in the real world.

I do not care what side anybody is on, and I try to see things from other perspectives, but I do not need to be reminded of certain things by the baggage-claim of stars who feel they are always right and others are always wrong. Nobody enjoys (or should enjoy) being patronized.

If we are to truly align on what we share in common, it is our duty to unilaterally (at least attempt to) eschew discussion that overtly or covertly promotes the ideas of these individuals and hold one another accountable to the higher standard of that which is a little more universal.

We should all take a little thought before posting, because chances are, not everyone will agree with us wholeheartedly, and some might have a backstory that we could not imagine, one that offers a significant rebuttal to opposing beliefs.

I harbor no ill-will towards you or other members here, but I will not sit idly by when a public figure who has repeatedly advocated for hate (or anything else that hurts or wants to harm other people,) etc. is lauded for something as trivial as his prowess on a piece of lacquered wood with strings, for instance.

If people don’t want to be called out, (and this goes for myself, too,) then they should and should’ve chosen their words more carefully, instead of believing that everything they say or do will have no negative consequences.

No one is perfect and sometimes these things are not done on purpose, but if I have to continually connect the dots on familiar patterns that are incessantly maneuvered against the rules here, at some point I am not going to pretend that it wasn’t on purpose, and no one should have to.

I’ve also made some jokes and borderline posts myself and have to be reminded of these very things as well, so I am not trying to pick on anyone and am just as guilty.

The mods have a tough enough job to do, and we owe it to them to at least consider implications of posts in that they might, if not carefully considered, take up their time unnecessarily and cause meaningless disputes among us.

2. cyclopean

cyclopean Poster Extraordinaire

Yeah you know me!

3. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Ad Free Member

I liked his, but I kept waiting for the “iron spouts of nimby hobgoblining through my limbic system.”

Toto'sDad and 1955 like this.
  4. GGardner

GGardner Friend of Leo's

i have no complaints about anyone here. But today, I sat through a frustrating training. The speaker seemed nice enough but had a habit of saying, "As I said...," and "Again...." and would then repeat what he already told us. What a waste of time. As I said, it was a waste of time. Again, it was a waste of time. Because, as I said, it was a virtual training. Again, the training took place this afternoon.

5. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

Funny "on this day" comparison where you were stuck in your home environment as compared to around 50 people I dealt with at the same time who were removed from their home environment and arriving into an arguably worse one.

My job is at a very old seaside hotel in Maine and we opened for the season yesterday.
    Most years we have 5-7 guests because it's cold and you can't go swimming or have much vacation fun in April.
    Instead we were almost full. Notably, the place is seasonal so not really suited for cold weather.

But the guests who booked their vacation arrived to driving rain smattered with sleet at barely above freezing temps, gale force winds, our little office locked up so check in was at a window with no shelter.
    All things considered it wasn't all that bad but at least three rooms had water leaking in through the ceiling, one had no hot water, and a few others had more minor broken stuff.

But every damn guest crouching in the rain to tell us what was broken through the window, was friendly and happy!
    Not a one was cranky grumpy bitchy or even in any particular rush to have their TV work or to have hot & cold running water.

WTH?

Swarming of happy humans?
    Nothing phasing them?
    Unpeevable?
    The end is nigh!!!!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    Mandocaster68, 1955 and GGardner like this.
  6. greenhornet

greenhornet Tele-Meister

Arguing about taste. Taste is what defines the music you like, prefer. "The faculty of discerning what is aesthetically appropriate."

To think that the music you DISLIKE makes you a "hater" is quite the juvenile idea. If I don't like it... I don't like it. People who think that everyone must love what YOU personally love is silly. What I don't like defines me as much as what I DO like.

7. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

What I really, really hate are posters who keep changing their avatars! :D:D:D

1955 and telemnemonics like this.
  8. omahaaudio

omahaaudio Friend of Leo's

People that use "normalcy" instead of the "normality".

9. omahaaudio

omahaaudio Friend of Leo's

I can agree with this^

1955 likes this.
  10. Manual Slim

Manual Slim Friend of Leo's

Dog whistles

11. 1955

1955 Doctor of Teleocity

You know you’d be all over that if they let you use GIFs for avatars haha.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  12. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

[​IMG]

Deathray and 1955 like this.
  13. Collin D Plonker

Collin D Plonker Tele-Afflicted

When I don't see a thread for a long time, then it pops up with seven more pages, and you know I'm not reading through all of them cause it's 1:30 a.m. and I'm starting to get tired.

14. northernguitar

northernguitar Friend of Leo's

Not gonna happen. I find it easy to not listen to their rabble.

MatsEriksson and 1955 like this.
  15. naveed211

naveed211 Friend of Leo's

People being cute about people deleting their own posts.

Maybe I wanted to post just a period, ya ever think of that?

16. notmyusualuserid

notmyusualuserid Friend of Leo's

Nope, that's sarcasm.

Trolling is usually people trying to start an argument (but no-one has to bite). Or having an opinion you don't agree with...

17. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

My definition of oblivious trolling is the only correct definition!

MatsEriksson likes this.
  18. MatsEriksson

MatsEriksson Tele-Afflicted

Remember, neither Leo Fender, James Marshall, Ned Steinberger could/can play a single note on any instrument. Marshall played drums but left due to uninterest. They definitely had no experience... ;)

19. Sean65

Sean65 Tele-Holic

Same bunch of knobs giving their bull on every forum! The forum world is much smaller than you all think!

20. LOSTVENTURE

LOSTVENTURE Tele-Afflicted

Not a particular gripe, but just a concern about the guys that can't decide which model/color that they should buy. That is always going to be a personal choice, and something that I don't feel qualified to take part in.

MatsEriksson likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.