What is your opinion of Chicago (the band)?

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Frank'n'censed, Apr 9, 2018.

What was your favourite Chicago, (the band) era?

1. All of their stuff, including the fluff...sweet home Chicago!

6 vote(s)
    9.4%
  2. The Terry Kath era only

43 vote(s)
    67.2%
  3. Don’t like the band

13 vote(s)
    20.3%
  4. Find me another city to dig

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  1. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

The last album I have any consciousness of was XI. I had just assumed they were sucked into a black hole after that.

Now Wikipedia tells me they're up to XXXVI. o_O

2. Ben-Zion

Ben-Zion Tele-Holic

Far Out!

3. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

They say, when a big band is touring your town, lock your sisters in their rooms and lock your un-copyrighted compositions away where this band won't hear them and rip you off.

I suppose every guy here has his story, of his song that some big shot band stole while passing through. Wasn't my song, but my bandmate's song.

Up until then I'd been very pro-CTA. After that, I just had a bad taste in my mouth. I was just a kid - I didn't realize our heroes did such things. I also didn't realize the strain such bands were under to concoct one new song after another. Crazy I was, but I thought good songs would keep coming forever, infinite in number. I thought playing in a highly visible band was hard work but mostly fun-powered. Once you pierce the image that Chicago Transit Authority was a bunch of fun loving young fellows, they don't look so good. What, besides greed and misery, could explain the Cetera-Ballad era?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.