What is your name ?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by johnny k, May 24, 2020.

1. beagle

beagle Friend of Leo's

My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

johnny k and hemingway like this.
  2. stormsedge

stormsedge Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I've been called many things...but don't call me late for dinner :cool:.

johnny k likes this.
  3. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

My brother went to school with two brothers called Meredith and Peregrine. I never met them, but I'd have been devastated to find out that they weren't hobbits.

nojazzhere, stormsedge and johnny k like this.
  4. trapdoor2

trapdoor2 Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

I would like to know what his name meant in his language (I didn't watch the whole thing either). Many cultures give names based on events or proclivities. I have a possible 6g ancestor that was named "Dragging Canoe". I just wouldn't want "Man who steps in Dog poop" or something like that.

Even simple names can be a problem.

I always have to correct people. Marc. No, not "Mark"...Marc, with a C. So a cashier one time needed to write down my name. I said, "Marc Smith, with a C." She wrote, "Mark Cmith". :rolleyes: :mad:

The gal that used to cut my hair collected unusual kids names. She was the designated "kid cutter" (and presumably, old fart cutter too) at the salon I frequented. She had a piece of paper stuck to her mirror with a list of improbably spelled names like "Xian" (pronounced "Christian") and "Sssst" (pronounced "Forest"). I called BS on the "Sssst" but she insisted the kid was a regular and his mom was indeed exactly the sort of looney that would do that to her child.

johnny k likes this.
  5. David Barnett

David Barnett Doctor of Teleocity

6. Kevin Wolfe

Kevin Wolfe Tele-Meister

I have a friend who’s daughter is a dispatcher for a location Sheriff. Her work partners name is “****head”. Pronounced ****heed.

johnny k likes this.
  7. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Apparently his name is Uvuvwevwevwe Onyetenvewve Ugwemubwem Ossas

8. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Friend of Leo's

What... is your name?

9. Sotakoira Musti

Sotakoira Musti Tele-Holic

I’m sorry, but I can’t find a thing that amuses me. He has a name, he’s proud of it (hopefully) and he carries he’s native language high. Should everyone change their names so they can be conviniently pronounced in English? I bet you English speaking persons a 100€ whisky bottle (from older threads; this is a cheapo) that none of you can pronounce my surname even 95% correctly.

Edit: stupid typo

Edit 2: sorry rant, I believe this was supposed to be a good mood thread

10. Grandy

Grandy Tele-Meister

Yesterday I watched an episode of Endeavour. He is fictional, but he still doesn't like his name.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  11. saltyseadog

saltyseadog Tele-Meister

Living in Denmark in the 80's a girl who hung around in our crowd was called Lotte Koch, which caused quite a few immature sniggers with some as it was in fact quite pertinent. My favourite though is about two friends of mine who joined the merchant navy in the late 60's and were crewed on a ship with a lot of cockneys. My friends like me are from the north east of Scotland and locally talk a very very broad dialect of English called Doric Scots. If you are from our area then to young lads like Johnny and James away from home for the first time then cockney english was as much a foreign language to them as doric was to the others. In doric the english word "what" is pronounced "fit", so every time one of these cockneys said something to my two pals they replied "fit" which resulted in them being known as Fit1 and Fit2 when duties were being assigned by the bosun for the whole voyage. :D

12. johnny k

johnny k Friend of Leo's

Guys, guys, i think this is a skit (see the name of the channel) and there is another video where he does the same facial expressions, repeats "my name ?" the exact same way.
    And hopefully, the guy asking questions wouldn't be so rude as to make fun of him while filming

I am not making fun of his name. It was not meant to be rude or anything. And as i worked with people with uncommon names, the first time you hear it you go that is unusual, when you are used it you don't even notice anymore.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.