1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What is your favorite amp to use with Telecasters and why?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Revelation, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Tele-Meister

What amps?
    With a Telecaster, I use a either a tweed 3x10 Bandmaster (and a Strymon Flint pedal for verb and trem) or a blackface Deluxe Reverb (with a Weber 12F125A replacement speaker).

Why?
    I like these amps because they are generally a bit smaller yet loud enough to do most gigs. And they sound great with a Tele and most other guitars! They are also very easy to work on since there is no printed circuit board.

I use NOS tubes in both amps. Generally, I like the way NOS tubes sound, they last a long time and I already have a large stock, acquired decades ago, so I do not bother much with new production tubes.

I am very content with these choices.

Buck

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  2. Dukex

Dukex Tele-Afflicted

My favorite is the amp I'm playing my Tele through at the time.

Lil Dawg 5e3
    VSA Vintage 15
    Vox AC4HW1

What doesn't a Tele sound good through?

3. TokyoPortrait

TokyoPortrait Friend of Leo's

Hi.

Since I replied to this thread in I think, 2018, I’ve changed a little.

At home it’s still the same. I love my Tele into my wee hand-wired Vox AC4HW1.

However, when out and about, I now no longer use the Marshalls that Japanese practice studios & music spaces seem to always come standard with.

I got stuck with a really fizzy, sh*tty sounding JCM something or other one day & I had to wheel in something different.

When all that happened, I instantly went off the Marshalls. And I was also instantly turned on by the replacement, a blackface Twin reissue.

The sound just really grabbed me.

I haven’t been to a band practice / jam for ages though, not since before I stuck the ‘better’ US switch, pots, caps, jack socket, etc. into my MIJ Tele and inadvertently fundamentally altered its tone for, I feel, the worse. I’m looking forward to when I can find the time again so I can see what’s up now through a Twin.

Pax/
    Dean

4. ADK Teleman

ADK Teleman Tele-Afflicted

For me my top 3 amps in order . Vox AC10C1VS, 2. Fender Blues Jr Tweed NOS, 3. Fender Superchamp Xd. I can’t get bad tone from myTele with any of those amps.

5. G.Rotten

G.Rotten Tele-Afflicted

I have a 75 Twin Reverb, & the first time I plugged my Tele into it was fairly magical. The Tele sounds great through anything but I also vote T.R. as the best.

6. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

For Teles, or anything, I still like my Roland Cube 80XL.
    What is lacks in mojo (whatever that is) it makes up for by being, light, loud, versatile, dependable, affordable, and replaceable.
    It has a closed back, acoustic simulator, chromatic tuner, looper, and all the effects and amp models I’ll ever use.
    Best amp ever, for me!

7. darkwaters

darkwaters Friend of Leo's

I have a soft spot for the way my Tele sounds thru my little cheapo Gretsch G5222. It has a nice barky, woody, Stonesy quality that makes me want to play all night. The opposite of refined and sophisticated, although I like that too. My PRRI gives me that.

IMG_0441.JPG

Bluesidae likes this.
  8. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars TDPRI Member

I have several partscasters(S and T). That being said I have 5 amps and looking for just one more. My favorite daily driver is a K&M Custom 50 w/loop. My#2 (very close behind) is a Dumble style SFDR built by Mark Kane. #3 is a 1965 Princeton NR. #4 is a 1979 SF Champ. #5 is is a JTM 50 kit amp with a 2 x 12 cab.

9. RYAN1987M

RYAN1987M Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

[​IMG]

I love any Tele through my Fender '57 Custom Champ - the tone is so pure and there is an appropriate feeling of simplicity with the combination that makes it irresistible to me.

darkwaters likes this.
  10. Bluesidae

Bluesidae TDPRI Member

My Tele sounds great with either my DRRI or my 69 Vibro Champ. I am just experimenting with my Tele and these two amps. The match between the raunchy rawness of the two is a great mix - particularly with the bridge PU.

11. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

Both my Pro Jr and Champion 50XL work great with all of my guitars - 3 Tele's, 1 Jag and 1 Jazzmaster.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.