1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What is you significant other's thing?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TeleTex82, Apr 7, 2018.

1. TeleTex82

TeleTex82 Friend of Leo's

This made me spit up my beer.

Quilts, Cacti, Greeting Cards, Food? I think this thread deserves some pictures!

2. Billnchristy

Billnchristy Tele-Afflicted

Puzzles and rpg video games

3. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

You're closer than you think. Our fourth child was born autistic and that was the start of her journey.

4. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Buy her some steel wool and have her knit you a hot rod!

5. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Sorry, but no. The Mrs. is mostly into yoga. I can't be responsible for forum members with heart conditions.

6. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

My wife likes music, Italian cooking and baseball - that's why I love her!

El Tele Lobo, Jakedog and TeleTex82 like this.
  7. LocoTex

LocoTex Tele-Afflicted

She's into gardening. And spending money on gardening.

El Tele Lobo and TeleTex82 like this.
  8. Dennyf

Dennyf Tele-Afflicted

Rocket Science. She recently retired from NASA, where her last three positions were Director of Aeronautics (Langley), Director of Systems Analysis and Advanced Concepts(Langley), and Deputy Chief Technologist (DC). We're just getting into the swing of retirement (well, she is . . . I'm still workin' when the opportunity presents itself), but eventually she wants to write children's books along with her sister (who is an artist) with the goal of encouraging kids(especially girls) to become engaged in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mechanics.

She's pretty special.

9. TG

TG Doctor of Teleocity

Flowers.
    Birds.

10. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

Nice footnote

11. mfowler314

mfowler314 Tele-Meister

Mine also quilts... though has not won any awards (yet!). She started as a hobby and is now starting to ramp it up a bit. Mostly abstract "art" quilts. Here is one she did 4 years ago or so - it was at my request and does not represent her current style. Each square is an "arty" essence of one of the guitars I had at the time.

Top Row L-to-R: Nashville Tele, Breedlove Acoustic, Les Paul Double Cut
    Middle Row : OO acoustic, Gypsy Jazz, Epi Howard Roberts
    Bottom Row: Yamaha SA-2100 (335-style), Martin HD-28, Strat

GuitarQuiltPhoto.JPG

P Thought, Stubee, Kebmel and 17 others like this.
  12. tbb007

tbb007 Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Building computers and Lego.

El Tele Lobo and TeleTex82 like this.
  13. NashvilleDeluxe

NashvilleDeluxe Tele-Afflicted

IMG_0800.JPG IMG_1550.JPG

Equestrian Jumping and SCUBA DiveMaster. We've got 3 horses in the barn, another at a training facility.

14. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

I'm currently single again, but my ex is also a musician. She has a Master's in Music Performance on the trumpet.

15. nvilletele

nvilletele Friend of Leo's

My 12 year S.O. is into exercise: working out at the gym.

She just turned 63, and looks around forty. Her big issue (not mine) is that, over the 12 years we've been together, she has gained a few pounds. I mean like 3 or 4. From 102 to 106.

Yes, she's insane.

Her regular routine during the week is to go to the Y and do weights or Pilates or other and then after work do some cardio in classes or go running. Works out even when she's hurt, goes back to her routine too soon, etc.

I guess she's addicted to something or another in all this. Endorphins most likely. She's not particularly vain, but there may be an element of that in that as she is, quite objectively, most beautiful.

16. Bob Womack

Bob Womack Tele-Afflicted

My wife is an interesting lady. Right now her big deal is designing and building jewelry, though I'm happy to have bought her her nicest piece. She's also a news hound and follows current events much more closely than I can tolerate.

However, her true love is baking. At one point in her life she was a professional pastry chef, specializing in breads and pies. Oh, my. The family and I wanted for nothing. It didn't last, and between her current profession eating up all her energy and my being diagnosed as a diabetic, she no longer has the energy or the built-in audience for her work. No matter: when we retire she'll probably keep the place afloat in yeast.

She works as a pharmacy technician. She had originally wanted to be a nurse but circumstances prevented her from finishing school. Later in life after chronic illness made her a near-professional patient she moved back into medicine and studied pharmacy. Both of us were once firemen (back then even the ladies were firemen) and had formal life-saving training. As a result she considers me her captive client and watches after my health rabidly. It's kind of neat.

Bob

El Tele Lobo, tery and TeleTex82 like this.
  17. JBFatFingers

JBFatFingers Tele-Meister

Writing - she’s about halfway to an MFA in creative writing and is working on both a novel and a collection of short stories - and planning vacations, both real and hypothetical.

18. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

Our daughter is a national level Rhythmic Gymnast so neither of us has much time for anything else besides being parents of all that that entails. I’m posting from a hotel room in Zagreb Croatia if that tells you anything, and we were just in Tallinn Estonia in January for a meet with a car trip to Lake Placid NY in between.

19. Allen Peterson

Allen Peterson Tele-Meister

Quilting. She has five sewing machines. I asked if I could buy another guitar. She said, "You have ten and can't play all of them at the same time. Why do you need another?" Then I reminded her she has five sewing machines and can't use them at the same time. She said, "that's different."

20. gitarjoe

gitarjoe Tele-Afflicted

nagging constantly.

NICQ, sean79 and Big_Bend like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.