What is this guitar part called?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by RCinMempho, Jun 16, 2014.

1. RCinMempho

RCinMempho Friend of Leo's

I have a little Lauren LA30 1/4 sized steel string guitar that I picked up for $5.

On the headstock, there are some white plastic washer-like parts that fit over each tuning peg. Only two are still there. I have absolutely no idea what these things are called and that is making it impossible to order some new ones.

Any ideas?

2. RCinMempho

[​IMG]

See the white rings around the tuning pegs. What are they called?

3. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

tuner bushings

4. RCinMempho

That looks right, but I think these are cosmetic and not functional. They don't seat into the headstock like what I am seeing. They are flat plastic on the back and simply set over the tuning peg. It looks like they were originally glued on, but now they are free. I only have two of the six left.

5. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

Johnson rods. They'll cost about $2800 to replace.

6. Alamo

Alamo Doctor of Teleocity

^This!
    take one of the two out and carefully measure it with a caliper. then measure again ;)

might aswell have a closer look at the tuners. if they're worn out or of crappy quality you'd be better off replacing them all together.

7. LeroyBlues

LeroyBlues Tele-Holic

8. ItchyFingers

ItchyFingers Tele-Afflicted

Google nylon washers or teflon washers. Most decent hardware stores have them for pennies a piece. Or you could buy a pack of 200 for about 10 bucks off ebay, repackage them into packs of 10 for $4.99 each and make a hefty profit reselling them on e-bay like a number of people have obviously done.
    Similar washers are also under the drum lugs of better quality kits and are sold as Drum Lug Washers. Some folks get plastic pipe the right size and cut it up.

9. RCinMempho

Thanks folks! I think on or more of these will work great. We'll see how the tuners I have hold up under tension. In fact, we'll see how the whole little beast holds up under tension. If it is stable, then we'll start the fun part.

I think I may have some fun with this with some fake inlay stickers and maybe a quick strip and refin of the top.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.