What is the lowest price new (not B stock/demo) for the the Jimmy Page Mirror Tele?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by rze99, Dec 3, 2019.

1. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

UK - I see a few £1899 Black Friday Cyber Monday Tuesday Wednesday.. whatever... If it gets to sensible AVRI prices I'm tempted.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  2. Fretting out

Fretting out Tele-Afflicted

Converting that to US dollars that price isn’t bad especially if you can get it matched at a shop and tell them you don’t want to pay anymore than that with tax

That’s what I did when I bought mine I told them what I had to spend including tax and got it for a little under msrp
    Sometimes some smaller shops will work with you

rze99 likes this.
  3. Fretting out

I just realized you the O.P is rze99

Are you sure all the blues won’t be jealous?

This surprises me I thought there was but one color for you

4. rze99

Most of my guitars are not blue, amazingly. But I do have many blue Fender-types.
    I have 7 white variant guitars.
    So to add the Page mirror to the 7 would be borderline insane, wouldn't it?

5. Fluddman

Fluddman Tele-Meister

Borderline insane - that's what we do here! :)

6. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Tele-Holic

:D I've only got 7 guitars in total. Pretty poor by the standards on here. :oops:

However, I saw that price drop on the JPMT and did wonder about trading in my 50s Classic, but I just spent the money (that was originally meant to upgrade my Les Paul 60s Tribute for a 2019 Standard) on bits for all 7 of my guitars to get them all top notch. :rolleyes:

I'll let you know if I come across anywhere cheaper, then it might prevent me from buying it. :D

7. rze99

Thanks... a moment of weakness contemplating buying a Page.
    I have played one. Very nice. Not as nice to play as my CS63 but then that is the pinnacle standard for me.

KelvinS1965 likes this.
  8. teleplayr

teleplayr Tele-Holic

Just do a web search.

9. rze99

Genius. Didn’t think of that. ;)

Piggy Stu and Fretting out like this.
  10. Fretting out

I think this thread kind of is your web search:)

11. TC 57

TC 57 TDPRI Member

I would not give any money for that guitar..something dreamed up by a young man nearly fifty years ago..that means nothing except to Page himself

NewKid likes this.
  12. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Tele-Holic

I'm not particularly a Page fan (don't know much of his music to be honest), but I like the specs of the guitar: I could do without the signature on it, but at least it's on the back of the headstock and from the front most people would not recognise it as anything other than a white Telecaster with a rosewood fingerboard.

If the prices drop a bit closer to the AVRi models then I can perfectly understand the OP's POV as I would have bought an AVRi myself, but left it too late. These Page Teles are arguably a step up from the standard MIA models in quality terms, but cheaper than CS models...that's my view anyway as to why I was considering one (until I spent my money elsewhere :)).

BramptonRob1958 likes this.
  13. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

The mirror is essentially an AVRI '59 Tele that is drilled to be either a top loader or a string through - as long as you don't put the mirrors on the only things that identify it as a Page signature are the neck plate and the signature on the back of the headstock. But those are costing you the extra $500-$600 over what it would cost if it was a non-signature AVRI '59 Tele.

14. rze99

Yep. that's why I won't pay.

I played one in a store in Denmark st and liked it. No better or even different to AVRI I thought the bridge pickup sounded just like the AVRI '58 but maybe because I was not though my own set-up where I can hear differences better. And it didn't play any better overall than a (well set-up) Baja Classic Player '60s which is still, for me, the best overall value Tele that Fender ever did.

What I was taken by was the quality of the body finish, fretwork and construction. All perfect as far as I was concerned. The body especially was beautiful.

KelvinS1965 likes this.
  15. milocj

milocj Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

There is one difference (how big anybody wants to consider it is up to debate) and that is that the Page has a slab board and the '64 AV has a round laminate board. I own both and other than that they are fairly hard to tell what differences are due to the individual guitar and which may not be.

I can't quite help the OP since he said he isn't concerned with dealer demos and I got both of these as demos. Near as I can tell they were only listed that way to circumvent the Minimum Advertised Prices. No nicks, dings or blemishes and full case candy.

fenderchamp and rze99 like this.
  16. Danb541

Danb541 TDPRI Member

Way overpriced guitar IMO. You're buying a signature and $5.00 in little mirrors. I get the specs are good, but come on. I'd be embarrassed to be on a stage with one of those. I'd honestly feel like a sucker if I bought one of those. Not trying to offend anyone, just my opinion. To me, it doesn't even look cool. Plus Page stole the idea from Syd Barrett. Google Syd Barrett mirror tele, his looked much cooler and was actually an esquire.

17. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Tele-Holic

Unless someone can see behind the headstock or the neckplate, then no one would know, so I really don't get what is to be embarrassed about? Something more obvious like an EVH Strat or a Zak Wilde Les Paul, then I'd agree, but a white Tele with a rosewood fingerboard that could easily be a '64 AVRi from the front view seems a lot more discrete.

rze99 likes this.
  18. Danb541

Danb541 TDPRI Member

All good points. I was referring more the the little mirrors. Don't they come with mirrors? If not, ignore my previous comment.

rze99 likes this.
  19. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

The mirrors. Well, they are a look.

20. rze99

Ludicrous. Then and now.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.