1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

What is the LOUDEST THING you've ever heard

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by THX1123, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Art VanDelay

Art VanDelay Tele-Afflicted

M1A Abrams tank firing at a range. I was in the tower. Seeing the sand in all the nooks & crannies jump up an inch or so....BOOOOOM

2. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I saw Albert in a small venue in Texas. 200 people, max. He had four quad reverbs. Nuff said.

3. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Poster Extraordinaire

Loudest *concert*? Pink Floyd, 1988, Germany. But the clarity made it a beautiful loudness. The low keyboard notes made my shirt visibly shake.

Lightning. Very close to a couple of strikes that made me thankful the sound was brief.

telemnemonics likes this.
  4. 3-Chord-Genius

Every time we'd visit my grandfather in San Diego, I'd stay outside and watch the jetliners fly low over his house. Fortunately, he was on the landing side of things so they were basically just coasting.

5. FrontPU

FrontPU Tele-Holic

Babymetal at PlayStation Theater NY in 2016, crazy, really needed earplugs. Saw their other gigs before and after that, but not as loud as the one at there then.

6. speedy mcfeely

speedy mcfeely Tele-Holic

EA-6b Growler. Those bastards would vibrate your teeth in your skull!!

7. richiek65

richiek65 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Lightning strike, and somewhere I've got a photo of it, I was taking a time exposure of the electrical storm and a bolt hit about a block away. I'll try and find the photo and scan it

8. arlum

arlum Tele-Meister Platinum Supporter

The time an SST Concorde landed at the airport my wife and I used to live next to. The flight path took it over our house just before it touched down. We don't live there anymore.

9. GGardner

GGardner Friend of Leo's

Mid 80s. Saw the Hoodoo Gurus in a tiny club. It was so insanely loud that we had to walk outside after a few songs even though we loved their music and had saved up our dough for tickets.

10. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Friend of Leo's

A toddler happily singing before coffee in the morning.

11. gkterry

gkterry Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Dragsters at the Indy Nationals. The earth shook for miles around.

philpm and telemnemonics like this.
  12. 3-Chord-Genius

Trying to decide if your Flock of Seagulls experience was worse than mine. Mine was pretty bad. Saw them at a nightclub in Colorado Springs in 1992 or so. During their break, I asked the vocalist/keyboard player if I could get a photo with him. He said no. Then when they went back for their second set, my friend and I saw two really hot women dancing with each other. Turned out to be strippers. We got them into our car and left the night club. To make a long story short, one of them was really drunk and she hurled all over me. We threw them out of the car, and I got out in the snow and stripped off all my puke-covered clothing and got back in the car and we left without them

13. skunqesh

skunqesh Tele-Holic

same here - lightning strike, when I was a kid. Hit right over our roof, shook everything in the house and my body like a sonic boom.

second loudest thing I ever experienced (without protection) was a Husker Du concert, late 80s.
    I've carried ear plugs religiously since.

14. Mad Kiwi

Mad Kiwi Friend of Leo's

This was mine as well. Holy hell that thing was loud.

Top Fuel Dragsters, many times. These are awesome, the best case of feeling sound ever!

Jet powered dragsters, without the awesome thumping in the chest of the Nitro top Fuelers.

I walked out of a concert I really loved the band in once becasue it was painfully loud but I can't for the life of me remember the band. Which was opposite of a Pearl Jam concert I went to where the volume was too low and it ruined it.

We had The WHo perform at a stadium about 8km's from home approx 10 years ago. despite never having heard bands there before, they were quite clear. So I bet that was pretty damn loud.

15. hollowman

hollowman Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

another vote for top fuelers...

loudest show i ever saw was Paul Westerberg post Replacements at a small club her in KC (Grand Emporium). i sustained hearing damage that night, my equilibrium was jacked for a few days. i blame the the guy on the board, lol

philpm likes this.
  16. Informal

Informal Tele-Afflicted

I can't remember exactly, but I'm fairly certain I created it.

17. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

My wife's sneeze.

18. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

The intruder alarm at the school 500 yards away going off at 3 in the morning, it sounds like the loudest thing I've ever heard. Once it's turned off, I can still hear it.

19. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

Ah, The Wake Arms.............motorbikes, music...................it's some sort of family pub now I think. I'm just along from it but since the M11 was opened that road through the forest is less used. Sorry, very niche!

Crashbelt likes this.
  20. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

Remember Concord taking off at Farnborough. Every car alarm on the site went off. Strange how Concord is always refered to as the definitive article, "oh look, there's Concord"

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.