What is the coolest bandname of a band you played in?

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I forgot about this one.
I joined em’ in 1977, they faded away in 1981.
Many moons ago!
25B7EBE1-8FCA-41AD-8B8D-EA24AC936757.jpeg

Beachbum

Poster Extraordinaire
When we were first getting together one day our lead player and I got to going back and forth about something and he said that I was being grumpy as an old bear to which the drummer replied, well you've just got to face the bear man. As a reminder to me to mind my manners the name stuck.

FACE THE BEAR
1669949497690.png

Last edited:

Skyhook

Friend of Leo's
It's a toss-up between Kremator(with the A circled for Anarchy, oooh) and Prophylactica.
Neither band ever got as far as the stage which in retrospect is a good thing.

VintageSG

Poster Extraordinaire
The website 'B3ta' has/had a 'swearing keyboard' app thingy. From there, we had a working name for a band of 'Xylophone Buggery'
We were an office band, nothing too serious, just a bunch of us with a love of Spinal Tap levels of volume controls and 60's garage style.
Being based in deepest, darkest Yorkshire, other names had to have the 'h' dropped...
The Two 'ats
'Oof 'Arted

We wanted 'Gutbucket', but that was already in use. For one week, we were 'W.O.B.'O.' Which stood for 'Whale Oil Beef 'Ooked' As we were all geeks and sys-admins, 'Perl in the Shell' was mooted, then thrown out as too geeky. I was riding a Suzuki GSX-R at the time, so for one night only, we were 'Sue's Zoo Key'

The last band I was a member of had the delightful internal name of 'Anal Seepage' Drone-thrash-garage-punk-metal, so it sort of fitted.

Back in my teen years, there was a bit of a ruckus off the coast of Argentina. For a short time, we renamed our band 'Malvinas Argentina', which was either brave or stupid.