What is the club scene looking like in your town?

pippoman

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
My current band hasn’t gigged since this past October. Our bass player is in another band and says people are starving for live music, but I’m not that enthusiastic about doing live indoor shows right now. I’m in Memphis and we’re seeing a surge of the “thing” around here. What’s the situation in your stomping ground?

boxocrap

Tele-Afflicted
My current band hasn’t gigged since this past October. Our bass player is in another band and says people are starving for live music, but I’m not that enthusiastic about doing live indoor shows right now. I’m in Memphis and we’re seeing a surge of the “thing” around here. What’s the situation in your stomping ground?
vancouver b.c. area has been and continues to be d.o.a.

Dennyf

Tele-Afflicted
download.jpg

MarkieMark

Friend of Leo's
"Club"?
I vaguely recall live music in a "dive bar" about 15 years ago or so.

Since then there was some "acoustic circle jams"

Last two years, which I assume you are alluding to...
The only "club" has been Mi Casa.
With zero invites.

And I dont expect a major change in that any time soon.

I hope to make some trips to afternoon jams in Floyd Va. (Or similar) in '23 perhaps... But that may be optimistic.

My new reality is right here. Going no where.

bottlenecker

Poster Extraordinaire
Last gig was october for me. I'm not booking again til spring, probably. I believe people are still gigging now, though.

scooteraz

Friend of Leo's
Phoenix is almost normal. At least from what I’ve seen. I don’t go out a lot, but a friend is the drummer for several bands, and the gigs I go see him play seem full. Also, I have to go out with clients, and the places that had live music seem to have live music again and are hopping.

loudboy

Tele-Holic
We have a trio, and play wineries, breweries and the occasional bar/restaurant.

40+ in 2020, 80+ gigs in 2021. Might be a little less this year, but probably somewhere in between.

Live music everywhere, usually 3-5 nights/week.

SRHmusic

Tele-Afflicted
We had many outdoor gigs last year at breweries and wineries. It's all fine as long as the weather holds, and we got rain a couple times (keep a tarp handy, and get the guitars back in cases and in a vehicle asap). But our last gig was early December and cold. Next one might be in a couple months.

sudogeek

Tele-Holic
In Salerno/Jensen Beach, the clubs have dispensed with the bands and even recorded music. A few TVs tuned to sports with the sound off, a crowd at the bar, cheap drink specials, and a lot of bikes in the lot.

A drinking town with a fishing problem, they say. Back to the roots for this old bootlegger port.

Matt Sarad

Tele-Afflicted
Bakersfield and environs has The Belvedere, Cafe Smitten, The Monte Carlo, 1933, The Trap, Temblor, 2nd Phase, Crusader, and Kern River Breweries, a winery in Tehachapi, and free opening slots for touring bands at a venue.

pippoman

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
As I expected, it’s a mixed bag out there. Our drummer and his wife had the “thing” despite being vaccinated, but very mild symptoms, but he wrecked his Harley and broke his collar bone. Now it looks like our lead singer and his wife have it; heck, I’ve probably already had it. Personally, I’m not enthusiastic about playing out anymore, nor about rehearsals. I’ll dutifully show up for the next rehearsal whenever we can get it together and stop getting sick and wrecking bikes, but what for? I’m in my late 60s and don’t look forward to 9-1:00 gigs, but maybe I’ll snap out of it. I started playing guitar when I was 12 and stuck with it all these millenniums and I ain’t stopping now, but my gigging days might be history. We’ll see. My father is 94 and he still plays and has occasional gigs at convalescent homes, usually without pay. I told him he’s just trying to pick up chicks 🤪🤪🤪.
Well, here’s to 2022 and beyond!

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Austin is indeed pretty good, and busy.
Lots of venues, lots of people going to them.
Most musics venues have at least two shows (bands) a night, and up to four shows.
Pay is predictably not great, never was.

dougstrum

Friend of Leo's
Not in touch with club scene these days.
Just play wineries and a few breweries, much better hours, atmosphere and pay.

Our last gig was Fri after Thanksgiving.
Our next is 1/29. So far all have been well attended.

schmee

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
It's slow and hit or miss around here. Things open. Attendance is poor. They stop music. Many gig venues are gone actually. One came back recently and I played an early event NYE. (Duo) It had been months.
This venue is ONLY open Sat night now. This week the band there cancelled due to a positive test in the band.
These places seems very on the edge right now. Limited public interest often too, although listeners are very ready to attend.
I have a band gig booked early Feb. Can't seem to get inspired to book more.