What is the best Fender tele neck (for you)? pick 2 if you can't pick just one

What is the Best Fender Tele Neck (for you)? pick 2 if you can't pick just one

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

audiopablo

Tele-Meister
Ignoring maple vs. rosewood, and assuming the profile, fret size and radius are standards for these, what do you prefer?

Let's assume these are all the mass produced variety, but if you're all sniffy on your custom (and why wouldn't you be), you can self-identify, too.

kinkstah

Tele-Afflicted
I voted for the AVRI 52 neck (the pre-2012 version, not as fat as the later iteration), and for "something for Japan", based on my experience with 2 CIJ Teles I kept partly because of the necks (kind of an in-between "oval C shape" and "U-neck").

Old Tele Hack

Tele-Meister
The compound fretboard radius and the compound neck profile of the Elite neck makes it the most playable Tele neck I've ever picked up. I like my '52, but, still find the tight radius makes bending more than one step a bit difficult. The rounded edges on the '52 are as much fun to rub my hands across as my wife's.........

audiopablo

Tele-Meister
yikes, sorry I missed that. I had a roadworn JM that had an awesome neck. Anyone know if there's a way to add more choices without wrecking the poll?

MilwMark

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
The necks very widely even among the same model. And the fret size and radius "pair" with the neck to make up the feel.

All that aside, I really love the neck on my '72 AVRI Thinline. Medium/slightly chunky C shape, with full 1 11/16" nut width. One of those magic guitars where for some reason despite the vintage radius and tiny vintage frets, it sets up with action on the low side of standard, but rings like a bell with no buzz or fretting out on 2 step bends, anywhere on the next. Dunno, maybe with modern production tolerances (nice, tight but not stuck neck pocket and neck/body join) the dreaded 3 bolt tilt system isn't so terrible?

bettyseldest

Friend of Leo's
I now have eleven T type guitars, for me the top three are, in third place MIM Baja 50's, then MIA James Burton Signature, and in the lead Mighty Mite soft "V" profile which I fitted to a partscaster of mine.

hemingway

Poster Extraordinaire
I now have eleven T type guitars, for me the top three are, in third place MIM Baja 50's, then MIA James Burton Signature, and in the lead Mighty Mite soft "V" profile which I fitted to a partscaster of mine.

I LOVE my Mighty Mite V. Although mine is a pretty hard V actually, as well as being fairly slim. But a damn nice neck to play. But I also love the 50s Baja.

AAT65

Poster Extraordinaire
You can’t just have “American Original” as a choice: the AO 50s neck (U, one piece maple) is quite different in materials and dimensions from the AO 60s (C, maple with rosewood board).
I’d say AO 60s if it was an option.