What is the all-in-one setup to buy in 2022? MX5? Pod-Go?

metalosophy

Tele-Meister
The Helix Native POD-GO discount is a joke. There really is almost no reason to go with the POD-GO in my situation.

The Helix presets are indeed dog****. I'll need to tweak them more in native.

HX Stomp XL + Native seems like the play, if I can get those presets to a place I like.

MX5 is still very appealing, wish it had a software suite.

ole6string

Tele-Meister
Love my MX5. I have been using modelers for years and this one is my favorite. Great tone, easy to use, no need for computer software for editing and a very small size. Like folks have said, all of these units are going to require some programming to find your tones.

swervinbob

Friend of Leo's
The Helix Native POD-GO discount is a joke. There really is almost no reason to go with the POD-GO in my situation.

The Helix presets are indeed dog****. I'll need to tweak them more in native.

HX Stomp XL + Native seems like the play, if I can get those presets to a place I like.

MX5 is still very appealing, wish it had a software suite.
I’ve never played a Helix preset. I don‘t have a HX unit right now (although I do have Native), but it’s just too easy to start from scratch on a blank patch, pick an amp, a cab or IR, and go from there.

gimmeatele

Friend of Leo's
I bought a pod go about six weeks ago and absolutely love it. I was going to treat myself to a helix and am glad I didn't, the Pod go is more than enough for my needs.

swarfrat

Tele-Meister
I still dig my Eleven Rack, but one 2u rack unit as your only piece of rack gear is such a PITB that I broke down and bought a used MX5. And I'm really digging it so far.

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
It totally depends on what you want it for. Lots of effects and surgical tweakability are great if you are doing a lot of recording.

Playing live? A few sounds are all I need.

Too many options will become distracting, unless you're the sort of player that enjoys knob twiddling as much as making music...and that's a valid reason too.

Blrfl

Tele-Afflicted
Too many options will become distracting ...

Distraction is a player discipline problem. The fact that my tool chest is loaded with things I only use occasionally doesn't detract from my wrenching. I know what's in it and pick out the right tools for the job. This stuff in no different.

metalosophy

Tele-Meister
Distraction is a player discipline problem. The fact that my tool chest is loaded with things I only use occasionally doesn't detract from my wrenching. I know what's in it and pick out the right tools for the job. This stuff in no different.
Perhaps their perspective is more "I don't need a roofers, plumbers, elecrician, and carpenters tools to do my tile business work"

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
This is the one, in my opinion
279400097_10160705135424644_4576345512414598706_n.jpg

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I have an ancient POD XT which served me faithfully for over a decade of worship services (one on Saturday night, three back to back on Sunday every other week). They're built stout and easy to use, plus you can find them on Reverb occasionally for next to nothing.