What is mojo?

Tele-friend

Tele-Afflicted
I have heard it many times, "this guitar has so much mojo". Especially for vintage guitars. It is obvious what mojo means. But then again what does mojo really mean? Is it that you really wanna play that guitar? It looks awsome? There are so many stories this guitar can tell?

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
It's this! I got mojo:
20200706_181815.jpg

Steerforth

Friend of Leo's
24 ounces pineapple juice
24 ounces orange soda
12 ounces beer
12 ounces gin
8 ounces rum

Stir thoroughly. Serve on ice.

I’m going by memory, so you may have to adjust to taste.

If you get to drinking Mojo, just remember, everything will be fine until you stand up. You want to be careful when you stand up.

richbike

Tele-Meister
I have heard it many times, "this guitar has so much mojo". Especially for vintage guitars. It is obvious what mojo means. But then again what does mojo really mean? Is it that you really wanna play that guitar? It looks awsome? There are so many stories this guitar can tell?

a made up thing to sell stuff

GGardner

Friend of Leo's
In gear parlance, "mojo" is a a seller's way of saying, "I recognize that this item looks pretty beat up and uncared for, but I'm still going to ask an unreasonably high price because it's imbued with an invisible mysticism that will magically transform your playing."

When I see an amp or pedal ad with the word, "Mojo," i think of a house ad with the word, "cozy."

EDIT: Also the nickname given to Hideki Tojo's lesser known kid brother, Marty.

Last edited: