What is going on with my iPhone?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Califiddler, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Califiddler

Califiddler Friend of Leo's

I have an iPhone 6. Some of the song titles on my iPhone are displaying shaded gray, instead of the usual black. Those songs won't play. When I try to play them, I get the error message "This song is not currently available in your country or region."

These songs are from CDs that I purchased. I imported the CDs to iTunes on my laptop, then synced the laptop to my iPhone. The songs play fine on iTunes on my laptop.

What is going on? iTunes won't let me play music from CDs that I purchased?

2. Marc Morfei

Marc Morfei Tele-Holic

I love my iphone, but the whole music-syncing thing through itunes has always driven me insane. Something always goes wrong. It would be about a thousand times easier to just drag-and-drop music files, the same way it works for photos. But no, the whole system is built around trying to get you to purchase music from Apple. Hate it.

3. Califiddler

Califiddler Friend of Leo's

I googled this, answered my own question, and fixed it. I had to "reset warnings" in iTunes. I "reset warnings" on the iPhone as well. After doing that, when I synced iTunes to the iPhone it copied about 1000 out of 6000 songs. Those 1000 must have been the shaded ones. I spot-checked my iPhone after syncing, and the previously shaded titles were now black, and those songs play.

fnkmstr and nojazzhere like this.
  4. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I want to use my iphone like an ipod
    Just download or transfer some mp3 over to it

5. bullfrogblues

bullfrogblues Friend of Leo's

I did that with my old 4S. Deleted most of the apps and turned off wifi, bluetooth, and any other service so it wouldn't search for a signal.
    Loaded up a bunch of songs from iTunes and leave it in my car unless I want to update the music. Works great. Plugged in via USB port.

Harry Styron and uriah1 like this.
  6. Flyboy

Flyboy Tele-Meister

iTunes is the work of the devil and I am glad to hear it's being ditched on the next OS iteration.

7. Texicaster

Texicaster Tele-Meister

I have an iPhone XS and it allows file sharing of music. Even FLACs!!!

I have deleted iTunes or Music or what ever apple calls their app and use VOX. Simple drag and drop via file sharing menu in iTunes desktop version.

Auto sync is cool when it works but in your case and as in MANY it fails as apple attempts to have more control.

Since I rip all my cd's (I still buy LOTS of cds!) to FLAC now I don't have to fool with converting for iPhone.

With all it's $Billions apple can not craft a piece of software as good as some nerd in mom's basement! Astonishing that ALL apple software is terrible!

TEX

8. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

I use a few systems and find it inane when many don't realize all services and sellers have the goal of you buying something from them plus they address other important scenarios. Those others are to stay out of legal trouble with artists and have a revenue stream for those artists.

Most of my expenditures outside of vinyl and CD purchases have been from eMusic, Apple & Amazon. I watch my file management for stuff I got without DRM, and I do segregate my main platforms. I no longer keep 10,000+ files on my phone. My Apple Music playlists and those from files I possess work as advertised.

Sure those times with some hiccups are no fun but with different platforms I just see this mostly like our dashboards are different but my wife and I can drive each other's car.

9. YALCaster

YALCaster Tele-Meister

I’m pretty sure that is for the desktop versions of iTunes. What they’re wanting to do is separate iTunes into three separate apps, which is already done on the iPhones. The iPhones shouldn’t be affected by that as far as I know

10. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Spotify.

If you only listen to what you want to listen to , your world shrinks or remains small ( trying new food versus tuna noodle casserole ).

Plus - iTunes suuuuuuuuuccccckkkks !

11. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

[​IMG]

12. Doctorx33

Doctorx33 Tele-Afflicted

**** Itunes, get Amazon Unlimited.

13. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

It's admittedly off topic but I assume we have more than average making money from music here. Apple's larger payments to the creators for a product that costs me the same helped influence my choosing Apple's streaming over Spotify.

As said in other posts, I use and used other services. I find a lot of differences people complain about mostly like different dashboards but all the cars in our family ride and drive just fine. It's not all important but I also prefer Apple's approach to privacy.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.