What is considered the quintessential 18w lite iib ??

Ronno25

Tele-Meister
Is there/does anyone have a schematic for what would be considered the quintessential lite iib build? I've poked around on Google and found one by a Mark Huss but would like some opinions on what would be considered the standard 18w build. I can't figure out where to find schematics on 18watt.com, maybe they're no longer there? Because I swear I saw a downloads section on their page some months ago. Either way that forum doesn't seem very active anymore. Thank you.

loopfinding

Friend of Leo's
well i mean, the quintessential would be just to work from a marshall 1974X schematic directly and then just omit the tremolo channel/section. or find whatever 18 watt lite schem does that for you. i'm sure they're out there. just pull up the two schems (original marshall and an 18 watt lite) and compare them.

personally if you don't need the trem, i would go for an 18W TMB kit (a bunch out there). one with both the original single tone control channel of the 1974X and the TMB channel with the cathode follower of the big marshalls. the mojotone one has a non traditional second channel, but something like the TAD one has a plexi style.

Last edited:

Ronno25

Tele-Meister
I'm looking to build and 18w lite in a Hammond AO44 chassis using the original hammond transformers so it will have to be a single channel (i.e. lite version). There just seems to be so many versions of the 18w lite. I'll likely end up building a few of these but am hoping to start with the version that most people think is the "best". Below is the schematic I found.
18wattLite2b.gif

Ronno25

Tele-Meister
Okay, looks like you have to create account and login to access downloads at 18watt :rolleyes:. Thanks guys.