What is an unspoken rule about getting through society and life that annoys you when other people don't honor it?

StoneH

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
1641944892348.png

David Barnett

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Never waive a pedestrian through an intersection where you only control one of the four lanes of traffic.

And never wave a pedestrian through an intersection if you're the only car. If there's no one behind you, it'll probably take less time for both you and the pedestrian if you just exercise your right of way.

rghill

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
Right of way is big for me, regardless if it's pedestrian and cars or two cars. If you are turning and stop to wave the left turn guy to go forward, you are just confusing the other driver, and causing everyone else to be delayed.

Deeve

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
This one covers it all, though one word is misspelled:

Don’t be a duck.
I was gonna say the thing I taught my daughter when we use cross-walks - make a point of making eye-contact, waving thankee, and getting across the street in a hurry, so they don't resent you for slowing their roll.

Attachments

• dear-auto-correct[1].jpg
    dear-auto-correct[1].jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 27

Bluesboy3

Tele-Afflicted
Don’t sit in a restaurant with your phone constantly making that annoying “ping” sound when you get one of your constant texts.

Don’t speak on the speakerphone while in public. We don’t want to hear your conversation.

Don’t talk too loud. Whether or not on a call.

Get off my lawn.
The speakerphone thing doesn't bother me as much as it bothers some. Don't know why....

Bluesboy3

Tele-Afflicted
Respecting privacy.
My wife went through some personal medical issues this last year. It affected my schedule dramatically so I had to inform my boss about it, emphasizing our desire for privacy.
He repeatedly brought it up in company meetings. I spoke to him again regarding my desire for privacy. He apologized.
Then I heard from multiple coworkers that he had told everyone about it while I was gone anyway.
Great leader.
Awful.

nvilletele

Friend of Leo's
do you need to use turn signals when there is no drivers around to see them, or you are so far in front of another car that there is no need to signal your intention? Asking in all seriousness.

If a tree falls in the woods . . . .

But seriously, if there is no one around, an argument can be made it's not necessary to signal.

But sometimes other cars do appear unexpectedly, or maybe you just didn't notice them at first.

And if you always signal, it becomes a (good) habit, so you'll be less likely to forget to do so.